cheap, ugly, but HUGE success!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone else will probably have the thread bookmarked, but a member here made a wonderful "cat jungle" out of Sterilite containers.

I once bought a refrigerator or something, and I just took the box next door for the 10-year-old boy to play in. Kids and cats have a lot in common, when it comes to boxes.

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes thats a great idea, my cats love empty boxes. They received a big cat scratcher/climber thingy for Christmas and they preferred to play in the empty packaging instead

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Someone else will probably have the thread bookmarked, but a member here made a wonderful "cat jungle" out of Sterilite containers.
oh, yes - the jellicle tribes tupperlair! scroll down the thread for more pix, btw.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You aren't moving anymore?? So there is still a chance we can get together for coffee when we move?? Woohoo!

Those boxes are great! We have a bunch of boxes her also. You should cut out some really small holes, just big enough for their paws to fit through, so they can bat at each other. They are also great for playing with cat toys. Nora's favorite game is for us to poke her ball through a hole, and then she tries to find it. She'll play that game for hours!! LOL I'll try to remember to take a picture of her boxes to show you.

ETA Here are some pictures. She wasn't happy with me b/c I hid the ball for her a couple times but stopped playing to come download the pictures. She is looking for the ball in the holes in these pictures. I tried to get a picture of her sticking her paw in to grab the ball, but she's too fast for me. lol She is so smart, you can pat your finger on a certain hole and she will come over and look through that one. lol She sticks her whole head into the little flap. LMAO

When Milo was here they used to bat at each other through the holes. Usually Milo would sit inside the boxes and Nora outside.

This is a giant flap on the back of the bigger "box". She can fit her whole body into this one.

I built this bench for Gus, and it was his favorite thing. Nora doesn't use it at all, but it still sits there. It is covered in cat fur. LOL It is padded and I stained it and covered it myself. The little blue basket is all of her cat toys.