Chata Who Was Diagnosed With Fip Has Passed Away :(

Stephen0395

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
about 2 and a half weeks ago my cat Chata was diagnosed with FIP. The vets gave us days thatll she live. she survived 2 and a half weeks. i tried everything went to multiple vets, countless research , sleepless nights to all try and save her and extend her life. it helped but i couldnt escape the inevitable. dec 4 2018, a quarter passed midnight she passed away in my arms her favorite sleeping position. it was a painless peaceful death with all her loved ones surrounding her. i wish i was able to do more. she wasnt ready to go yet. i lost my best friend but i will never forget the memories we made and will cherish the bond we had. Rip Chata im sorry you didnt deserve this.. not a goodbye but a see you later. god gained an angel. ill never forget you :(. August 4, 2017- Dec 4, 2018

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. If it helps, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you can post a tribute to your little furry friend. Many people find it helps with the grieving process to post there and tell us all about their lives, complete with pictures if you want.

Again, my sympathies. FIP is such a horrible disease :frown:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S Stephen0395 , I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did everything possible for Chata - FIP is a horrible disease and there's very little that we can do about it.

Please see this thread: Grieving; it may help you to deal with your loss. Also, this web page has some useful suggestions: COPING WITH DEATH OF PET. Remember that we're all here for you; and we all understand just how painful this kind of loss is.
:vibes::vibes::vibes::alright::grouphug::grouphug2::heartshape:

Margret

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
S Stephen0395 I'm so very sorry for your loss. What a sad thing to have to do. I'm sorry that your baby has passed on to the next world. FIP is one of the worst things in my opinion when it comes to cat illnesses. Sadly there's not much we can do once the disease progresses. You did the last loving thing for her. You released her suffering and took on suffering so she wouldnt have to. She knows you love her and everything you did was because you love her.

Chata may you run free at the Bridge to one day be reunited with your loved ones. :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S Stephen0395 , I'm sorry for your loss.
FIP is a devilish disease, and we can'to do anything to prevent it or cure it. It's a death sentence, I know because I had lost my Tom to FIP and it's devastating both for the cat and the owner.

Chata is free from sufference now, she's running happy and light on the green fields at the Bridge, where she's been welcomed by so many friends who were called up there before her.
She won't forget you both, one day she will curl on your lap again.

RIP Chata!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That she passed away peacefully in the arms of the one she loved above all else is a true blessing. No living thing wants to end it's existence, I'm sure your love and care extended what time she had, long enough for her to make her peace and to let you know how much she loved you.
The bond with that sweet girl will hold you both together for eternity. Love is spiritual, so not bound by earthly laws. Her physical presence is gone, but what made her so special, so much herself, her 'essence' will surround you as you continue to travel your life's journey and will forever be with you. It changes form, but never disappears.
Hang on to your precious memories, they will bring you great comfort in the future, concentrate on the good she brought into your life, not the sad end. Do not make that end more important than her life, for it is just moments in a beautiful life that brought so much happiness. She lives on through you now. Send her thoughts of happiness, of love. She would never want for you to be so sad, just as you would never want that for her if you were the first to go.
My heart goes out to you, I'll pray for you all and keep you in my thought. I send you my sincere condolences because i know the pain of a broken heart and how long it takes time to heal it. Take care of yourself......RIP beautiful Chata. You will never be forgotten, you will forever reside in a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again. Goodnight, sleep tight, sweetheart!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The depth of our grief is a measure of our love. Your bond with Chata is clear in every word you wrote, that you will be reunited with her wraps you both in never ending serenity.

Chata and you transcended FIP's attempts to crush your hearts. Your mutual love will not be denied or defeated.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So so sorry that you lost your little one at such a young age, these really bad things happen for reasons that we don't know, but we do know that she was loved with all your heart and she loved you, for some reason she had to leave but she is fine now, just fine, and when you see her again one day and she jumps in your arms it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Chata, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

How lovely and loving, that Chata passed in the arms of one she loved and trusted above all others. And be assured that her love is with you still. Love does not die, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Love abides. Although you will desperately miss her physical presence by your side, she is with you still. Love abides. When all else is gone, Love abides.