Charlie's Prof. Picture !

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Thanks, the photographer, Preston is one of the best ones around
He had so much fun with Charlie. And yes, we are getting an 8 x 10 made of that to hang with his ribbons. Spooky has a professional picture taken when he was about 2 yrs old - wonderful pose.

Bahger, see what you have to look forward to if you pick the ocicat kittens
where is he based? does anyone know of a decent photographer in the new england area? charlie's photo is excellent and i've always wanted something nice of stoli and luxor........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's based in Kansas. But Chanan does NE shows. Not all cat shows have a photographer. You'd have to pull up the associations show calendars and see what's in your area. Usually they will mention if there's a photographer in the show flyer - so if you found one, then you'd have to enter your cat in order to get pictures done.

Almost all the cat show photographers are very good - just not always at the shows. I haven't seen a bad prof. picture yet

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm afraid stoli or luxor would just run away - are they in a separate room?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They usually have a set up in a private small room that has a door so the cat cannot escape. Only been to one show where there was a more open area. I would not have taken pictures there.

For Charlie's picture the show hall was an "ice arena" and the photographer had a room under the bleachers - it had a door that closed. So it was quiet and not at all scary for the pictures. Of course, it helps if your cat is used to being photographed at home with flashes, etc.