Charlie + Kittens

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I foster for my local cat rescue and yesterday I got a mum and her 3 two day old kittens. They were born Thursday. Mum is 11 months old :( she is doing really well, babies are nursing and she is eating well. I have noticed she seems to be bleeding more than I have seen in previous litters I have had. Either that or she isn't interested in cleaning up after herself. She seems to leave drops of blood around her pen, and when she sits down she leaves a patch behind. I have had a look and can't see anything abnormal. I wasn't there for the birth so not sure how it went. I'll attach some pictures of kittens and blood drops. Would love some opinions on if it's normal to still be bleeding like this.
Also one of the kittens seems to make funny noises while nursing, I'm not sure if he is gasping or just a noisy eater! IMG_20190317_191933.jpg IMG_20190317_191936.jpg IMG_20190317_191941.jpg IMG_20190317_192422.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Well, she might have had a rough delivery and the droplets are from that, but this is two-three days later...? - is there a vet available who can look at her and that one kitten?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Thankyou for your reply
Yes three days now, she has an appointment tomorrow, do you think it's urgent and take her now? (It's 10pm here in the UK) everyone is bright, happy, gaining weight etc. I worry about taking young kittens to the vets as they can pick up all sorts, so don't like to go without an urgent reason

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not a vet, but unless something changes for the worse, I think you can wait.
:vibes::crossfingers:

Could you get a video of the kitten's breathing and show that to the vet? Maybe you wouldn't have to take that one in...

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have just been to check on her and found all this, definitely can't be normal the amount can it? I tried to check her and she started grumbling so left it. Its 12.30am now and there are emergency vets open but I usually have to let people know before I go (the charity) and obviously everyone is asleep. I will keep an eye on her if it gets any worse I'll just take her. Don't want to stress her out more than she already is coming to me a couple of days after giving birth!
That's a good idea, I'll try that, thankyou
IMG_20190318_002012.jpg IMG_20190318_002015.jpg IMG_20190318_002018.jpg

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for your replies.
She was in fact infected and the vet said her uterus was quite full, in just 4 days! I'm just so glad she was in foster! She was spayed and both her and the kittens are doing well! Fingers crossed she will continue to nurse after the pain relief wears of as we need to me careful what to give her.

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she is taking antibiotics, and still nursing. The vet said all is fine so it must be a safe one! Watching them all like a hawk, we have some KMR and syringes ready just in case! IMG_20190318_191258.jpg

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little update!
All three kittens and mum are doing great, they are nearly 4 weeks old now and the laziest kittens I have ever had, they aren't really interested in doing anything but eat and sleep at the moment! They are chunky, gaining and eating well so not worried, they just seem really chilled out kittens! I'll attach some pictures!
We've named them - Alpha (girl), Tango (boy) and Sierra (girl) Screenshot_20190409_125607.jpg Screenshot_20190409_125551.jpg Screenshot_20190409_125537.jpg