Chapped lips-looking for solutions!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burts bees. I used to use Carmex and all the others but I hardly use any of the others now (unless of course I forget to bring it with me)that I have Burts Bees.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought a 10 oz tin of Bag Balm for a tattoo I had done a few years ago, which is a LOT of Bag Balm. Like Hilda said, it works really well on chapped lips. According to the tin it's hydroxyquinoline sulfate in a petrolatum lanolin base. Mmmm....don't that sound good.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

A the humidity in my house continues to drop despite running more humidifiers I have really bad chapped lips. I have a bunch of tubes of various chapstick products and also have started to exfoliate my lips to stop them from getting worse.
Anyone else have this problem and what works for you??
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

We always use Carmex
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

carmex carmex carmex i swear by carmex
Originally Posted by jugen

Burts bees. I used to use Carmex and all the others but I hardly use any of the others now (unless of course I forget to bring it with me)that I have Burts Bees.
I'm a carmex baby as well!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Put vasoline on your lips (dampen them a bit with water first) then use a soft bristled toothbrush to very gently exfoliate them. After you've done that- slather a bit more of vasoline on them to intensly moisturize them. After they start to heal up- i really suggest getting some of the C.O. Bigelow lip shine that they sell at Bath & Body Works. It is uber moisturizing, not sticky, and it tastes amazing- if freshens up your breath too!!!!
Two more things i thought of that are wonderful!

Aquaphor - you can buy this at your local drug store or grocery store- wal-mart sells it too. It's WONDREFUL!!!!! You can use this on any part of your body that gets dry- it's really similar to Vasoline- but more moisturizing and less sticky!

Also- If you eat a lot of salty food- be sure to drink some water with it (and when your done...put a little water on your mouth to wipe the salt off of your lips. Lips have no sweat glands and produce no moisture so they dry out easy....so salty foods can aggervate already dried out lips...so be sure to use a little water to wipe off your mouth after you've had salty foods or snacks
)

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

carmex carmex carmex i swear by carmex

Nothing........I say nothing works like Carmex. Just be sure to apply right before going to bed at night......when you wake up in the morning they are healed. I've never seen anything like this stuff.

Winter Hawk

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winter Hawk

Nothing........I say nothing works like Carmex. Just be sure to apply right before going to bed at night......when you wake up in the morning they are healed. I've never seen anything like this stuff.

Winter Hawk
Another vote for Carmex here! I do exactly this - put it on at night and wake up to lips that feel much better. In fact, I'm going to go put some on right now.

Can I just say again that I can't wait until winter is over!??!