Changing paint colour in the lounge... Decisions!

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is the color you ended up choosing in the re-painting photo? Looks nice!

F&B's Hague Blue has a tint of green in it; it really showed up in your sampling when there was just one coat of paint. Their Stiffkey Blue is more of a bluish blue.

I painted one wall of my home F&B Railings and absolutely love it to this day. But budget constraints means just that one wall will be F&B. I live in Canada; I assume that F&B will be a tad bit cheaper in the UK.

Anyway, looking forward to your finished photos!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ugh I'm knackered. I always completely underestimate how long it takes me to paint.

I went for #2 in the end 'portrait of a bluestocking'.

I've done two coats but not happy with the finish. It may dry in a bit more but I'm not holding my breath... More my application than the paint, to be fair. I very much have a 'get the paint, put the paint on the thing' approach... I suspect I will do another coat but may wait a few days!

I've tried to get some pics but the phone is consistent in washing it out and making it look grey and not very saturated.. It's a very dark blue with a hint of purple undertone. This afternoon it looked almost peacock blue, whereas now it's a dark indigo. Not that you can tell from the pics. :)

Attachments

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
PMousse PMousse - that sample of Hague Blue was 2 coats... I checked the sample tin and I definitely picked up the right one. I was starting to think I'd picked up the Inchyra instead. Really weird that it just looked green to me. It's £48 per 2.5 ltrs here, don't know what that compares to in Canada :)

If the colour had been right I would probably have just got it colour matched rather than shelling out for the 'real deal' though.

I'm pleased with the colour I went for, even if not my crap DIY skills. Lol!!

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just wish I could get a decent picture of it. It is a really nice dark blue. I can only assume it's the lights that makes it look grey. Will try tomorrow in daylight and see if I can get something better :)

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So here is a daylight pic of the blue. The finish is really patchy so I am going to have to go over it.... But at least it shows the colour a bit better.

Attachments

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I went over the walls with a third coat and the finish is much better.

Got the picture up now as well though I might move it over a bit, as I've seen another one I like which could go on the same wall, but it's landscape rather than portrait.

Attachments