changing litter?

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 6 cats and 6 litter boxes.

I change the boxes once a week. By changing I mean: dump out everything into the trash, take the boxes outside & rinse with the hose on power spray, pour a bit of white vinegar in the boxes, put in more water, and let them sit.

I only do like 2 boxes at a time intervals, never all 6 boxes at once (for obvious reasons!!! ... kitties wouldn't have a toilet!).

Then I dry 'em and put 'em back, fill 'em back up with Tidy Cats for multiple cats.

Oh I keep plastic bags in containers near the boxes; and scoop the poop daily. That's part of my routine, scoop the poop. Then whenever I see the boxes getting a bit too much urine in them that's when they get dumped & scrubbed in the backyard!

I don't use baking powder or any additives or any of that in the litter. My process seems to work just fine; my house always smells great. There are days when we come home and find out that there's been the World's Greatest Pooping Contest, however. Sometimes my babies gang up on me, it seems one of them is always interested in watching me scoop out the poopies.