Changing diets

lady rowan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a few questions about switching diets.

My soon to be cat Rowan right now is eating dry Pro Plan Kitten because she is little more than a kitten herself and she has a litter. When she comes to my home, I want to switch her over to Wellness Core. I want to buy a small 3.5 lb bag of Proplan and mix it with some of the Core until it is gone and then just use the Core. Since she won't have kittens anymore and I believe she is close to a year old or around a year she can be switched to adult food anyways. Is this okay to do with the dry food?

With wet food, she eats a combo of prescription diets (since she is at a vet's) and friskies.

I'd like to feed her a mixture of a bunch of different Wellness wet foods. Can I just start feeding her the new wet food off the bat or do I have to slowly switch her over slowly with wet food too.

With all the different wet foods she eats, I can just give her a different type of canned RX diet and/or other brand and she doesn't get sick with that. But I am not sure how to go about switching a cat's diet over.

With my dog I just threw out her old food and started her on the new better stuff and she had some loose stools but then got over it quickly, but she was a nice exception with change of diets and I know cat's are more finicky and sometimes higher maintenence with some things.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dry food should be mixed.. ie say she ate 1cup a day ... first to third days 75 kitten 25% adult ... then 50/50 then 75 adult 25 kitten then all adult

No with wet no mixing is required