Changes in pet food labels (companies have 6 years to make the changes)

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Like every other Government institutions they drag their butts getting things done…won’t hold my breathe til the labels change.
I think the public is being deceived by a lot of labels not just on animal foods.
Thought there was a law that came about a while ago that was supposed to tell people where the food actually comes from but if you start looking at the labels some of them don’t, they go around about and say something is distributed for a certain company but its not truthful of where the actual ingredients come from meaning, what country. Sorry just feeling pretty disgusted with the way things are going in this country.
hope I won’t be blocked for saying that…🤭

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm not going to hold my breath for the change to actually happen, but what i'm confused about is, I've never seen a pet food label that looks like the one they show, and they say "here's what a pet food label looks like". Do they mean "here's what the NEW pet food label will look like I wonder? Or did I miss something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it confusing too. I don't expect to actually see a change, unless they can use it for advertising, in which case I don't expect it to be useful.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think the public is being deceived by a lot of labels not just on animal foods.
Ah like Canada's new food label laws...has to have the calories but it can be off by 10%. 10% is a lot...calories are an estimate already anyway...

I don't think labels will change here in Canada. Ours already look like the example.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think labels will change here in Canada. Ours already look like the example.
The example of the label is what the label currently looks like not the new one
I really hope they make the necessary changes this way we actually know what is in there... but honestly it should have been done a long time ago. I doubt it will even be done in a way that needs to be done. It will probably just be sort of a revised version of what it is now.