Changes at TCS

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

ahh...but patience is a virtue!
to which the big man gave me NONE lol..kidding kidding

Do you have your pm's back on? I wanted to send you a question about the contest board.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes my pm's are fully activated now

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

hmm... where do we submit our applications

i'll moderate ryan

(where is a smiley with a whip when you need one)
What in heaven's name is there to moderate about any of my posts?
Originally Posted by stormy

Here ya go!!

*Gasp*
...Diane!!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MissCharlotte

I'm glad I came across this thread because I didn't notice the rearrangement of the forums. It makes very good sense to organized the forums so that new members (as well as veterans.... I almost said OLD members) are directed to the main purpose of these forums....... caring for our cats. Good job!!

Ryan should run a cheese forum!!
If I run anything, it should be running two blocks to the grocery store to get more cheese. All I have in the fridge is Cheez Whiz and that's only for making cheese toast.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

If I run anything, it should be running two blocks to the grocery store to get more cheese. All I have in the fridge is Cheez Whiz and that's only for making cheese toast.

Blecchhh! You make cheese toast with Cheez-whiz?

Double blecchhh!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

Double blecchhh!
My husband had a roommate in collect whose gourmet cooking consisted of Ramen Noodles covered with cheese whiz. This is why my husband is such a good cook. He did all of the cooking.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

Double blecchhh!
It's not as bad as it sounds. You add parmesan cheese and other stuff. It's not a substitute for grilled cheese if that's what you were thinking.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What in heaven's name is there to moderate about any of my posts?
*Gasp*
...Diane!!!
who said anything about moderating your posts... i was talking about moderating you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it's not about new moderators.......yet....

There have been some suggestions for new forums in the recent past, so we are getting the feeling that the Lounge feels cluttered. We've decided to limit game threads to 500 reply posts, and then they will be closed. There's a big difference in a long thread that is a discussion you are keeping up with and something like the Alphabet game. The only thing they really have in common is that they are threads that end up at the top of the Lounge and push others down the page.

While we are at it, the moderators would like to request that members stop bumping threads. If you are truly that concerned about a friend seeing something, send a PM with a link. We would like to reserve bumping for important threads and as a mod function.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

There have been some suggestions for new forums in the recent past, so we are getting the feeling that the Lounge feels cluttered. We've decided to limit game threads to 500 reply posts, and then they will be closed. There's a big difference in a long thread that is a discussion you are keeping up with and something like the Alphabet game. The only thing they really have in common is that they are threads that end up at the top of the Lounge and push others down the page.

While we are at it, the moderators would like to request that members stop bumping threads. If you are truly that concerned about a friend seeing something, send a PM with a link. We would like to reserve bumping for important threads and as a mod function.
Good post..but WHAT A TEASE!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

who said anything about moderating your posts... i was talking about moderating you!
Okay, now we're talkin'! So..... what's the first thing you'd do to moderate Ryan?

That's actually a cool idea to limit the number of relies for game threads. Even a good game of softball has to end, even if I don't want it to.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Okay, now we're talkin'! So..... what's the first thing you'd do to moderate Ryan?
havent decided yet, i will let you know though

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I may never enjoy a real bakery fresh cinnamon roll with the same gusto as before. *rofl*
I Do belive that was a bit off! Me old Mum used to say Ladies sh***** snow! IT has NO smell!

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There have been some suggestions for new forums in the recent past, so we are getting the feeling that the Lounge feels cluttered. We've decided to limit game threads to 500 reply posts, and then they will be closed. ----------.
Oh NO!!!!!! There goes the song title game!

You ARE right though, some of these games have a LOT Of reply posts in them!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

Oh NO!!!!!! There goes the song title game!

You ARE right though, some of these games have a LOT Of reply posts in them!
I agree some of them are WAY too big.

If someone is really attached to a game, can they restart a new one? I realize it would get closed again after 500 posts. Or is this a no-no? When I first joined TCS, I learned a lot about the other members by playing the ^ > V game and the person below me game. After a while, I felt brave enough to post in some of the other threads.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I agree some of them are WAY too big.

If someone is really attached to a game, can they restart a new one? I realize it would get closed again after 500 posts. Or is this a no-no? When I first joined TCS, I learned a lot about the other members by playing the ^ > V game and the person below me game. After a while, I felt brave enough to post in some of the other threads.
Actually, the point of this new policy is not to eliminate games, but rather for people to be creative and come up with new games so it isn't just the same thing over and over again.