Changed to wet Food-No Poops!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 cats & I am currently feeding them dry Nutro Nat. Choice Wt Mgmt plus 2 blue Wt. Mgmt pouches a day. My kitties love the pouches but they are expensive. I am going to try Innova lite.

Originally Posted by christine chand

You mentioned using "pouches". Are these the Nutro Natural Choice pouches? If so is this the weight management formula (blue pouch)? How much do you feed per day? I justed started added this to my cat's diet along with Authority Lite canned.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by osmg

Sammy my boy just made a handsome poop! I'm so proud of him! I'm still waiting on his sister Cleo but I have faith. I've heard about concerns of garlic in Wellness. What wet foods do you have high regards for? Thanks.
Yay for Sammy! I have the highest regard for a brand that is currently hard to find, and hopefully about to be back in production - Active Life. Until then, some flavors of PetGuard, Felidae is good, Innova, some kitties do well on Merrick, Natural Balance Ultra are some of the good ones on the market...for simply supplementation, there are the "just meat" flavors by Wysong.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I was going to try Innova lite canned for my cats. I just bought a can. I was shocked to discover garlic was listed in it's ingredients. On Innova's web site it was not listed as an ingredient. Also...I looked at the bag of dry Innova Lite at the store. Garlic is listed on the bag but not on the web site's ingredients. I called the company but did not get a clear answer. Until I am comfortable with the ingredients that a company is including in their food...I will not use it. It is not worth the risk.
Hi, this has been discussed and researched on the crf support list I am on, since Summer or earlier, 2004. The last I recall reading on this - a member had contacted the company and found that Innova Lite (the food under discussion by that member) no longer contained garlic, *but*it was still listed on the can's ingredients. They were told to check the expiration date on the can and that if it says 5/06 or later, it does not contain garlic. I honestly do not believe that Innova either, contains garlic any longer, but think it prudent for you to ask the company what expiration date on the regular will let you know you have the new garlic free formulation.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More info...
I just talked to a rep at Innova and was informed that ...
All canned Innova cat food is garlic free ... if the best by date on the can says "6-2006" or later.
The can that I puchased has a date of 3-006. The Innova rep said to take it to the store & exchange it for a 6-06 or later date if I wanted garlic free food.

Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Hi, this has been discussed and researched on the crf support list I am on, since Summer or earlier, 2004. The last I recall reading on this - a member had contacted the company and found that Innova Lite (the food under discussion by that member) no longer contained garlic, *but*it was still listed on the can's ingredients. They were told to check the expiration date on the can and that if it says 5/06 or later, it does not contain garlic. I honestly do not believe that Innova either, contains garlic any longer, but think it prudent for you to ask the company what expiration date on the regular will let you know you have the new garlic free formulation.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Innova canned is hard to find..lol... that is why I use nutro ,authority, merrick meow mix( some ) fancy feast(some) , some pet gold(some) and eagle pack.. Homemade goes over the best( alix is that going well at your place?)...
Mine arent fans of wellness( maybe they know about garlic lol) natural balence didnt fly to well either

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We haven't started yet...er..uhm. I have to find Pet Tabs, check amt. of taurine...I'm as nervous about this as if I was making a wedding cake for someone!