Change The Law To Help End Cats Suffering After A Road Accident

KERI dempsey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please follow the link below and sign the petition in order to change the law so that motorists have to stop if they hit a cat, just like they do for a dog. 70% of all cats run over don't die instantly, instead they suffer in pain on the side of the road. This shouldn't happen, if the driver is legally obliged to stop and report the incident then the cats could get medical treatment and the owners could be informed as soon as possible. Thank you

Sign the Petition

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Note: apparently this is for the UK, NOT the U.S.A. I wondered, as I have never heard of a law in the United States required motorists to stop even for a dog. Would be nice though :sigh:. Problem is...how to enforce it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Even though this is for the UK, I did sign it and share it, as I have LOTS of UK friend on Facebook.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Note: apparently this is for the UK, NOT the U.S.A. I wondered, as I have never heard of a law in the United States required motorists to stop even for a dog. Would be nice though :sigh:. Problem is...how to enforce it.
I think most states have a law that drivers have to stop and tell the owners or else notify the cops or AC. Almost nobody does and it is probably impossible to enforce unless caught on surveillance cameras.