change in our cat

mscamillec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month old tuxedo cat was very dominate and played with the other cats up until Saturday when we got up. we have a total of 3 felines and 1 sheltie. we got up my husband noticed the kitten crawling (stretch) crouching and very jumpy fidgety!

he was so outgoing and normal prior to this. when we try to bring him into the "cat room" to do his business he runs out as fast as he can. like he was spooked! today he is sleeping a lot. he is eating (wet food)and slightly drinking he does have an existing vet apt on tuesday.

i  am so lost i miss him running up our backs i miss his craziness. any help would be welcomed. thank you,
camille

i have no idea of the change. i feel my sheltie may of did something to him.  my sheltie tries to eat the cats food i usually pick up the bowl. this time i didnt  i just dont know :(

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lets see what the vet finds out on tuesday. 

In the meantime watch for any other changes especially his food and water intake. Avoid handling him if he does not want to and let him do his "business" on his own volition 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mscamillec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
he isnt eating as much but he is eating if offered food. he has not defacating or urinating. his belly is not distended we love our baby and it pains me to see him this way

camille

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How long has it been since he has peed or pooped? If more than 24 hours, I would call this verging on an emergency situation and would not wait until Tuesday for a vet appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mscamillec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did some play therapy with my pole and toy then graduated to the laser  pointer. i managed to get him into the cat room and litter box. he froze i noticed. i walked away and he eventually left and there was 2 scoups of pee. it must of been his as i cleaned it prior( you know which pet goes trust me) but has not. i noticed his vision is off or sensitive, hmm other than that no difficulties except the edginess the vets are open till 8 pm and i can get an emergency apt in the evening if i notice things get worse