Change In Kittens Behavior

rionagordon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
when I got my first kitten on sept 27 of this year, she was about 9 weeks old. She was super affectionate, she would sleep literally right under me and lay on me while i’m laying down. then, out of fear she would become bored, I got another kitten on october 18th who was also around 9 weeks but she is much much bigger than my small kitten. anyway, since then they are getting along fine, grooming each other and sleeping right under each other. my problem is, my first kitten seems as though she hates me. she wont let me pet her anymore and she doesn’t come around me anymore, either. I was just wondering if she hates me for bringing another kitten into the equation and will she ever show atleast a little affectionate for me again? I know cats’ behavior changes all the time it just breaks my heart and I wasnt ready. the flip side is that my new kitten is very affectionate towards me and I wonder if that has something to do with my first kitten’s change. Thanks

WeAdapt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe be 1st kitten see in 2nd bigsister and behaves the same way that 2nd ?
And what change after you got a 2nd kitten ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rionagordon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe be 1st kitten see in 2nd bigsister and behaves the same way that 2nd ?
And what change after you got a 2nd kitten ?
I can see that because after i got the second kitten, the first kitten started following in the foot steps of the second, bigger kitten. And the change I see the most is that she is more stand-offish towards me. If I sit beside her or come close to her, she’ll move away and go somewhere else. if I touch her, she’ll maneuver around my hand as if i’m hurting her.

WeAdapt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Try to touch 2nd when 1st see and retry on 1st. If she copy behaivor of 2d, she will try to do, what 2d do.
My girlfriend have 2 cats, and younger do anything that do older. Always hunt on him, always watch, what older do and copy it.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of it is your older kitten is getting older and just like kids they go through stages where they would just rather be doing other things rather than hanging out with mom. Add in a cool new playmate and mom has dropped way down on the priority list. But this is usually just temporary. As the cat gets older, they enjoy the cuddling and quiet time more and will seek you out for it. For now, pet and cuddle her when she is sleepy or sleeping.