Cello at emergency vet :( Vibes?...poisening experiences?

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
omg I hate to say it but it doesn't sound like he should be home...

did the vet really think he was ok to go home or was there nothing else they could do?

god I know how awful the mouting vet bills can be but I'm scared for kitty, can't they give him an iv or something until he can eat again??

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh bless your and Cello's hearts
I agree, it just doesn't sound like he should be home. I wonder if you should give them a call back...Do try to just deal with what's at hand, when we worry about the money at the same time, it's just too much....you'll get it paid off......
Sending lots more healing I do hope he will do a quick turn around for you.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by saya

omg I hate to say it but it doesn't sound like he should be home...

did the vet really think he was ok to go home or was there nothing else they could do?

god I know how awful the mouting vet bills can be but I'm scared for kitty, can't they give him an iv or something until he can eat again??
How is Cello this morning.

I don't understand your vet just sending you home with Cello.

It sounds like Cello needs to be in a 24hr hospital. Those are different than a regular vet...
there are techs that monitor a cats condition 24/7.
If Cello did ingest a toxin, the throat could be really sore.
Did the vet talk to you about options for care and give you a prognosis?

Is there a vet hospital in your area? It's expensive but it might be your only choice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i called emerg last night and they said to just watch him overnight and stop the antibiotics since they are probably making him naustious and to call my regular vet (which is a hospital and didn't even offer to keep him) in the morning, which I've done and I'm waiting for them to call back. He is stable and breathing OK, but everytime he moves he hacks and i'm afraid to go near his mouth with either the pills or the food. I will obviously take him back if that's what I need to do. As for the money, I don't care. Not to play 'me and everything that's wrong in my life' because let's face it most people don't have 1000 to spend every 2-3 months on sick cats, but in reality i'm a grad student, the last time I got paid was december 13th and the next time is January 31st (it's a ridiculous schedule).......a whopping $1300, and I live on my own with no car.

My best friend lives in the UK and currently is fighting tooth and nail very very severe bone cancer and is desperate for me to come up with money to fly out and see her, as am I as her condition is becoming day to day. I am also supposed to be holding a benefit overnight for her this friday, which isn't so much a money thing as a time thing pretty hard to leave for a night when you are treating your cat fairly intensively).

I know there is never a good time for this, but I guess all I'm saying is I'm overwhelmed big time, and I spent all of october asking everyone I know for money to help pay for Kismet, so they aren't so happy to be hearing from me again.

Hopefully something will just happen?

Anyways, more update once the vet calls me back, hopefully soon since I don't have a car and the girl who could drive me leaves in 20 minutes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No big suprise here but Cello is going back to the vets.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are taking such loving care of sweet Cello.

Mega vibes that at this vet visit, solutions will be found.

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated.

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
o you poor thing

you're a good mewomy, hang in there.

sending vibes and prayers