Cell phones!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cmedeiros17

My husband and I have LG EnvTouch (it is an OK phone....had problems with it constantly shutting down.....luckily that was within the warranty so they replaced it on literally the last day of my warranty!!!) phones through Verizon. I'm waiting for verizon to hopefully get the Iphone. I want one so bad!
My team leader had the enV touch and had that same exact problem! I remember him going back to the store often to argue about it. He has an HTC Droid Incredible now
His wife still has the enV touch and wants to throw it out the window every day but got tired of going back repeatedly.

Rumor I heard today was that Verizon turned down the iPhone offer to stick with the new Droid path that they are on. Wondering if that is true or not! I think the iPhone is pretty cool, but I dont like that Apple restricts a lot of programs (same with iPad and iTouch). Hubby's cousin had one (and dropped it in the hot tub
Lucky for her rice worked enough to turn it back on and get a dim screen), but she said a lot of the apps cost $ and can add up quick. Dont know from my own experience though!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have: Samsung SGH-a777 Blue
Got it: January 5, 2011 (TODAY!)
Service: AT&T
Plan: FamilyTalk Nation 450 Rollover & 5000 Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
Rollover Minutes: 1555

Other phone may want: Nothing at the moment. I am not into texting. The new phone does have GPS if I activate it. Probably won't though as I never go anywhere! My phone is blue and DH got the red one of the same model.

Here is a link to the phone. http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...SGH-A777EGAATT

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tara I read about this new thing verizon is doing yesterday with their new every 2 deal the thing that doesn't make sense is now with the new every 2 you still can't upgrade till 20 mths thru your contract and if I'm reading correcting its saying the same thing you can get a new phone at a promo price at 20 mths.......so either I'm having mental issues or verizon is being stupid. I have a feeling this isn't gonna last long just like the 9.99 required datat plan for phones like the envy touch they started that last jan and dropped it in oct. Sometimes I wanna kick verizon, we have an upgrade available now but I'm saving it till the 2nd upgrade this summer comes available and we are gonna get 4g phones when theycome out.

Right now we both have lg allys. I like they keyboard but we have a ton of problems with them and with the new updates that have been coming since sept its made them worse. We are supposed to get froyo in feb which is supposed to fix the problems but another arised. Potentially no flash player yet the original droid which has a smaller processor has flash but the ally supposidly won't get it......doesn't make sense to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Tara I read about this new thing verizon is doing yesterday with their new every 2 deal the thing that doesn't make sense is now with the new every 2 you still can't upgrade till 20 mths thru your contract and if I'm reading correcting its saying the same thing you can get a new phone at a promo price at 20 mths.......so either I'm having mental issues or verizon is being stupid. I have a feeling this isn't gonna last long just like the 9.99 required datat plan for phones like the envy touch they started that last jan and dropped it in oct. Sometimes I wanna kick verizon, we have an upgrade available now but I'm saving it till the 2nd upgrade this summer comes available and we are gonna get 4g phones when theycome out.
Right now, you can upgrade the primary line after 1 year for a discounted rate/promo I believe with the NE2 ... at least thats what my friend at Verizon told me (because he saw I got my Tour on 1/4/10, and said that 1/4/11 I could upgrade it and just resign for 2 years). It doesn't make much sense to me all around either. I hope they get off their crazy thoughts about changing everything, because smartphones are practically outdated after 6 months, and they come out with so many new ones per year and technology is just making leaps and bounds. They say 2 year plans can upgrade at 20 months, 1 year plans can upgrade at 10 months using their promo pricing, but you no longer will get a rebate in the mail anymore either.
Also heard they are going to do tiered data plans and no longer offer unlimited, which will really make me mad.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Right now, you can upgrade the primary line after 1 year for a discounted rate/promo I believe with the NE2 ... at least thats what my friend at Verizon told me (because he saw I got my Tour on 1/4/10, and said that 1/4/11 I could upgrade it and just resign for 2 years). It doesn't make much sense to me all around either. I hope they get off their crazy thoughts about changing everything, because smartphones are practically outdated after 6 months, and they come out with so many new ones per year and technology is just making leaps and bounds. They say 2 year plans can upgrade at 20 months, 1 year plans can upgrade at 10 months using their promo pricing, but you no longer will get a rebate in the mail anymore either.
Also heard they are going to do tiered data plans and no longer offer unlimited, which will really make me mad.
If they tier data I'm shutting off my lines. We have 6 (as a business acct) thru them. 2 computers and 4 phones our bills is roughly $325 a month. They already screwed over mobile broadband by capping at 5gb for $50 bucks. What a rip off but for people in my shpes its either that or dial up. I can't get anything else where I live. If they start treating ppl like att does (I left att for verizon) I'm done with them and ill get that prepaid phone thing where its $45 a month for unlimited everything and live without a computer except where I can get wifi.

I didn't know about the yearly upgrade cuz when we were on bfs brothers plan he never used that yearly upgrade. I guess ill be shelling out about $700 or more this summer when we get new phones cuz ill research the best ones and get that for us.