Cedar Is Home Cedar Is Home!!!

prettyboy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
YAY !!!!!!! omg that is WONDERFUL news !!!!!

i was so happy when i saw the updated title of your other thread !!!

and then my computer was acting stupid and it would not bring up
this new thread.

it was like getting to the end of a novel and the last page is missing.

i was freaking out thinking I HAVE TO KNOW how she found him !!!

load computer load the page !!! LOL!!

i am so happy for you !!

i had not read the entire other thread so i dont know how cedar got out.
but just wanted to say that for awhile my friends cat got out a couple of
times. she finally decided that when coming in and out because of whatever
reasons like bringing in groceries that she had to either put the cat in
another locked room or put her cat in the crate she has until all comings
and goings were done with and then she let her kitty out of the bedroom
or wherever.

after about 9 months of this, her cat seemed to have lost interest with
trying to get outside.

not sure if this will work for you or not but wanted to mention that idea.

HUGS to you !!! i know you must be bursting with happiness !!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear Cedar's home
I also got good news this morning - a friend of a friend's dog had disappeared four days ago int he mountains when they were hiking... the guy has two dogs - they ALWAYS come when called. well this time, one of the dogs didn't come
they looked and looked.. he'd been missing about four days... then yesterday morning, he came home
I was so happy to hear that.. and now Cedar too.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy for you!! I couldn't stop grinning when I saw the title of this thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by prettyboy

i had not read the entire other thread so i dont know how cedar got out.
both my boys are indoors/outdoor cats so while he was outside during the day he got spooked by something and obviously went to the closest 'safe' spot to hide. Why he went there is anyones guess to be honest since he had to get passed 'the dog'.
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

I also got good news this morning - a friend of a friend's dog had disappeared four days ago int he mountains when they were hiking... the guy has two dogs - they ALWAYS come when called. well this time, one of the dogs didn't come
they looked and looked.. he'd been missing about four days... then yesterday morning, he came home
I was so happy to hear that.. and now Cedar too.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! thats such wonderful news

thankyou again everyone for your wonderful support. I think Cedar is getting annoyed with all the hugs Jasmine & I have been giving him and is not sure what all the fuss is all about

I have to admit that I honestly didnt think he was coming home and had lost hope but you all kept my hope alive and I will never be able to thankyou all enough for that

TCS Magic is simply amazing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Is Cedar afraid of the outside now? Has he wanted to go back out?
he wanted outside within half an hour of getting home after he had a belly full of food
... strange kitty!!
I havent let him outside though as of yet - think it will be a few more days before I let him venture outside again. Its kinda hard at the moment as Tipsy is still going outside.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so pleased to hear that he came home! I was wondering and thinking about him.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

he wanted outside within half an hour of getting home after he had a belly full of food
... strange kitty!!
I havent let him outside though as of yet - think it will be a few more days before I let him venture outside again. Its kinda hard at the moment as Tipsy is still going outside.
Dan, do you have a cat flap for them? We got ours because Gryph was being a larger in-and-out pain than Shasta had ever been (and that was BIG), but I've found it very reassuring to know that if they freak, they can dash home, and get in even if we're not there, rather than holing up elsewhere. Gryph and Nibs were at least 6 when we got it, which would make Shasta at least 14, and teaching them to use it was not a problem. You might also find it useful in terms of your curfew, in that at a given time, you can reset the flap to "in only" and once they are in, that's it for the night. FWIW.