Catster Members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok, guys, this thread has just been brought to my attention and I have a few things to say and then wish to close it. So, here goes, with some, hopefully, good news too

We usually ask people to refrain from posting links to direct competitors, i.e. other cat boards. I do realize that Catster doesn't fall under that category per se, although they do have a board too, I think.

Catster is a bit of a sore point for me personally, because we have had cat pages here on TCS long before Catster was born. We had to take them down for security issues, because the script was attacked by hackers. The idea was here first though, and I never really quit it.

I guess now would be as good a time as ever to let you guys know that we are working on ressuracting the cat pages notion in a new and improved version. The idea is to have unique and elaborated profile pages for each member here, where you would get to show a lot of things about yourselves, load pictures, interact with other people and network, adding friends, showing your ribbons and gifts and much more. From each profile page you would also have personalized pages for each of your kitties, with descriptions, pictures, stories etc. You will be able to set the design and colors, and there will be special memorial pages for Bridge Kitties too. It will be the TCS social network, along with cat pages too.

So, I am real glad that you all love the Catster concept, and I'm sure you're going to love the new profiles and cat pages on TCS. Along with that, I hope you can see now that Catster becomes direct competition to us at this point, and respectfully ask people not to drive our membership and traffic the Catster route.

This thread stays on board, and we'll keep to existing policy for now, allowing you to link to your cat pages there, as to any other site you may have, from your signature. I still have to respectfully ask that you please refrain from actively promoting Catster on this site. Once we launch the cat pages here, we may have to change the rule about linking to them in your signature that as well, but we'll see about that bridge when we get there.

By the way, I have no idea what the Catster policy is about having links to TCS from your cat pages there, but if it's ok over there (and please check the TOS first), you could place a referral link to the boards and get some bonus points for new signups...

I am closing this thread for now. If you have any further comments or questions, you are always welcome to PM me

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.