Cats

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How come my cat meows at me when I go over to the nesting box to observe her and her kittens?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! She could be saying, "look at my darling children", or "hi, is everything ok out there?" Or any number of things.
Does she seem normal to you? Eating and drinking and using the litter? I'm not familiar with how quickly a mother cat starts eating as usual, but she does need to eat...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Yes she's eating and drinking fine uses the litter box , and is an excellent mother to the baby's I can hear them suckling now lol
She just always meows and starts purring and rolling over when I sit near the box

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she wants a chin or behind the ear scratch why she is nursing the kittens :) Since she is so comfortable with you, don't be surprised if she ropes you into baby sitting sometimes :petcat: I'm glad they are all doing well.

*I'm guessing you probably know this since you mentioned a birthing box but just in case, mom needs kitten food why she is producing milk.

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds like she wants a chin or behind the ear scratch why she is nursing the kittens :) Since she is so comfortable with you, don't be surprised if she ropes you into baby sitting sometimes :petcat: I'm glad they are all doing well.

*I'm guessing you probably know this since you mentioned a birthing box but just in case, mom needs kitten food why she is producing milk.
Thank you and yea ive been feeding her kitten food since a week before she gave birth!!

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that's so wonderful to hear, --she's sharing her motherly feline happiness with you, that's what I think :heartshape::lovecat3:
Yes she is very attached to me its adorable shes the sweetest cat ever and very talkative

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! My cats kittens are 10 days old today i noticed one kittens eyes are open but the other kittens eyes are still closed do any of you know why this could be ?

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Eyes opening at ten days is normal. It's also normal for some kittens to take a little longer than others. The rest of the litter should open their eyes soon.

Be sure you don't force their eyes open - that can seriously injure them. Just give them some time. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! How many kittens are in the litter?

Are you able to keep mom and kittens 100% inside and away from intact males?

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eyes opening at ten days is normal. It's also normal for some kittens to take a little longer than others. The rest of the litter should open their eyes soon.

Be sure you don't force their eyes open - that can seriously injure them. Just give them some time. :)
Thank you so much! And i know

Catlady24

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! How many kittens are in the litter?

Are you able to keep mom and kittens 100% inside and away from intact males?
There were three, but unfortunately the runt passed away just a few short days after birth, so now we just have 2 , and yes they are all inside , my cat is an inside cat but a few months ago she went into heat snuck out for hours and ended up being pregnant definitely getting her fixed once the kittens are weened