Cats who loves going to my backyard...Can you ID this breed?

killertubbie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I'm new and I'm assuming that most people in this forum has a better knownledge on cats than me...

Well here it goes, my mom has been feeding these cats occasionally by putting some food outside of our balcony and it seems like these cats are loving it and they kept going back to our backyard almost every days.

I guess they're getting comfortable and sometimes they just like to stayed there for 3-4 hours in the afternoon resting on our balcony. For example today, they don't looks hungry but loves resting on our balcony. They might be a little intimidated when we're being a bit too close or moving suddenly.

Anyways here's two pictures of one of them and can you help me to ID this kind of breed? I'm just curious and thanks for your help!

This cat must be fearless sitting on the edge!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm new and I'm assuming that most people in this forum has a better knownledge on cats than me...
Well here it goes, my mom has been feeding these cats occasionally by putting some food outside of our balcony and it seems like these cats are loving it and they kept going back to our backyard almost every days.

I guess they're getting comfortable and sometimes they just like to stayed there for 3-4 hours in the afternoon resting on our balcony. For example today, they don't looks hungry but loves resting on our balcony. They might be a little intimidated when we're being a bit too close or moving suddenly.

Anyways here's two pictures of one of them and can you help me to ID this kind of breed? I'm just curious and thanks for your help!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/catonmybalcony2.jpg/][/URL]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/catonmybalcony.jpg/][/URL]

This cat must be fearless sitting on the edge!
It's a moggie.... no breed - just can't tell by the picture if it has short or medium hair..... Cutie though :heart3:

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right, moggie, domestic, roof cat in Poland  :) . The colouring is rather striking and not the most common, but not that unique. It is often so,  patches tends to come more or less symmetric.  Like here.

I suppose the colouring you could call it bicolor if you want to say something fancy.   :)

Entirely another question.

If you think they are owned, it is not so good to give them food. If unlucky, they perhaps get reluctant to go back home. Esp if the home isnt really good and they not loving their owners.  Some treats may be OK, but better not real food for owned cats with homes.

You say they are shy. It is no sure sign.  I have noticed many cats who are allowed to go out, ARE more or less shy. It includes most of my neighbours outgoing cats. Neighbours nice and friendly, cats nice and more or less friendly, but several of them shy.

If you are sure they are homeless - are they already spayed/neutered?   If not, please plan on helping them to be spayed / neutered /.  If it is too much for you, there is surely some sort of a rescue or TNR group nearby. Please contact them.

Tx for caring!

Good luck!    *vibes*

Ps.  Welcome to the TCS site and our Forums!

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very nice non-pedigree - moggie - domestic shorthair.

I second not feeding it.  For all you know it's on a special diet and/or medication.  It certainly doesn't look thin!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

killertubbie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Right, moggie, domestic, roof cat in Poland  :) . The colouring is rather striking and not the most common, but not that unique. It is often so,  patches tends to come more or less symmetric.  Like here.

I suppose the colouring you could call it bicolor if you want to say something fancy.   :)

Entirely another question.

If you think they are owned, it is not so good to give them food. If unlucky, they perhaps get reluctant to go back home. Esp if the home isnt really good and they not loving their owners.  Some treats may be OK, but better not real food for owned cats with homes.

You say they are shy. It is no sure sign.  I have noticed many cats who are allowed to go out, ARE more or less shy. It includes most of my neighbours outgoing cats. Neighbours nice and friendly, cats nice and more or less friendly, but several of them shy.

If you are sure they are homeless - are they already spayed/neutered?   If not, please plan on helping them to be spayed / neutered /.  If it is too much for you, there is surely some sort of a rescue or TNR group nearby. Please contact them.

Tx for caring!

Good luck!    *vibes*

Ps.  Welcome to the TCS site and our Forums!
Thank you!

I have no idea if these cats were spayed or not and I didn't touch them yet to see. While sleeping, I heard my mom trying to attract these cat's attention and it's ironic, she's allergic to cats...Anyways, the pictures were taken from my bedroom's window. Today is snowing and the cats didn't shows up so it's matter of luck usually.

I don't think it's possible for us to help them spayed for some reasons but I guess what we can do is to call the SPCA for this and they'll knows what to do. I'll have to ask my mom and hope she'll understand. It's kinda embarassing to say I'm still living under my mom's rules, it's her home...

I'll take more pictures in case they're coming again and it seems there is more than 2 of them. As of now, I've just witnessed 2 of them and they might be sibling...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't think it's possible for us to help them spayed for some reasons but I guess what we can do is to call the SPCA for this and they'll knows what to do. I'll have to ask my mom and hope she'll understand.
Yes, SPCA or some good TNR rescue group around...  Ask a little around.

IF they are owned, a spaying is still good...   :)

The self catching is usually done with a so called Human Trap...  So you dont never need to run after them and catch...  Nor even try to attract them.