Cats Too Hot . . .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fishy is it?

Hmmm . . .

What can happen when herbs go "wrong" is that the capsules are made of plastic and won't dissolve in the stomach, therefore not releasing the healing herb.

I have a lot of kitties and I am still stinging over the ladies who practically ordered me to have Dolly spayed over one yeast/pyo infection.

Dolly is better, by the way.

No, I don't have the lab values -- they did not e-mail me copies as it was done there after I released my cats.

It is almost impossible for me to find good homes for my cats and that is why I have too many.

What is possible is that I find too many cats abandoned out in the street around here and so much for the good homes.

The people that took my kitties had admired them before and when they heard what happened they agreed to go collect the cats and pay their hospital bills per cat. My veterinarians only tell men that the cats go into the hospital -- they tell the women that the cats will be put to sleep. I don't like it, but that's how they do it, so I don't have any of the test information, no.

Anyway, from what I was informed by the new owners, the cats all recovered after 3 - 6 days in hospital and are happy again, awaiting neutering surgery.

Jazzmin

I was really looking for other answers other than the "normal response" answers I am getting here. That is why I don't think I will stick around very long.

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes the drug manufacturers cut the percentage of active ingredient down and the cat doesn't get enough medication. My current hot cat got cephalexin capsules and I noticed the capsules are only 2/3 full of powder. The cat is also taking too long to recover, altho his temp is down two full degrees.

My vets usually change to another drug company, such as changing from Roche to Pfizer for awhile, to get stronger and reliable medicines. They did state this is a problem from time to time, such as the Reglan out here now causing too heavy a tranquilizing effect in one manufacturer. I purchased Reglan from another company this morning and the pill doesn't look the same at all. I usually have better luck with these.

Jazzmin

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jazzmin_Flower

Fishy is it?

Hmmm . . .

What can happen when herbs go "wrong" is that the capsules are made of plastic and won't dissolve in the stomach, therefore not releasing the healing herb.

I have a lot of kitties and I am still stinging over the ladies who practically ordered me to have Dolly spayed over one yeast/pyo infection.

Dolly is better, by the way.

No, I don't have the lab values -- they did not e-mail me copies as it was done there after I released my cats.

It is almost impossible for me to find good homes for my cats and that is why I have too many.

What is possible is that I find too many cats abandoned out in the street around here and so much for the good homes.

The people that took my kitties had admired them before and when they heard what happened they agreed to go collect the cats and pay their hospital bills per cat. My veterinarians only tell men that the cats go into the hospital -- they tell the women that the cats will be put to sleep. I don't like it, but that's how they do it, so I don't have any of the test information, no.

Anyway, from what I was informed by the new owners, the cats all recovered after 3 - 6 days in hospital and are happy again, awaiting neutering surgery.

Jazzmin

I was really looking for other answers other than the "normal response" answers I am getting here. That is why I don't think I will stick around very long.

(Angels are not so nice to these kitties at all -- why cover up for them?)
You have too many cats because you don't spay and neuter. Pure and simple.

Capsules are not made out of plastic they are made out of gelatin and glycerin.

Dolly, according to you, has had pyometra twice. That, in my mind, is neglect, that you did not have her spayed with the first infection. As for your "vet". Why any vet would allow a cat to have these repeat infections and not advise an emergency spay is beyond me. What that poor cat must suffer. It makes me so sad.

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was looking for herbal, homeopathic or OTC meds that compliment and help remedy my cats. Such as, here the same veterinarian that saw Dolly actually prescribed an OTC medication for one of my tomcats: Cimetidine/Tagamet. I ran out and bought this and my tomcat with a nasty bacterial infection in the colon, recovered fantastically! He feels better than ever and is being wonderfully kittenish now. The OTC med was even better than the usual Reglan for him. For that I am grateful -- Tagamet really brought out the kitten in my cat that I thought he had lost on growing up.

Jazzmin

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was looking for herbal, homeopathic or OTC meds that compliment and help remedy my cats. Such as, here the same veterinarian that saw Dolly actually prescribed an OTC medication for one of my tomcats: Cimetidine/Tagamet. I ran out and bought this and my tomcat with a nasty bacterial infection in the colon, recovered fantastically! He feels better than ever and is being wonderfully kittenish now. The OTC med was even better than the usual Reglan for him. For that I am grateful -- Tagamet really brought out the kitten in my cat that I thought he had lost on growing up.

Jazzmin
Ok. Hmmm... Tagamet is heartburn/acid reflux medicine. I'm no doctor, but how does that fix an infection unless he has ulcers in his stomach from h-pylori bacter - I don't even know if cats have that problem.
(And the appropriate antibios are still needed.)

Reglan is also prescribed for heartburn/ acid/gastric reflux. Sometimes these meds are given by vets to handle the stomach upset caused by antibiotics. So I don't see how these drugs "cured" a terrible bacterial infection except that it may have prevented the cat from puking antibiotics back up?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

Jazzmin
If that is what you are here for, you will not get those answers here on The Cat Site.

From our site rules:

1. No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice. Remember that cats, and especially kittens, are very adept in keeping pain to themselves and delaying treatment may cause irreversible damage.
Furthermore, we strongly discourage members to post dosage information and in some cases will remove it. Information given by posters here is not based on your petâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s full history, and are by people who most likely do not have a degree in veterinary medicine. There are many home remedies, as well as approved veterinary treatments for cat health problems that may work for one cat, but be lethal for another cat. Therefore, we do not encourage exchange of this type of information without consulting a vet first. Please discuss any potential treatments with your vet first to ensure you are treating the right problem, and not potentially making it worse. It's one thing if your vet prescribes it, its another if someone on the internet does. TCS will not be liable if bad advice is given, whereas your vet would be.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont think I am the only one, but I applaud the vet for sending them to another hospital-as if he don't own it he would have had to financially back them on the trip there.

just for the heck of it post the vets name. I would like to thank him
I am sure if he did this much for your cats he does this for other ppl to, What a sweet caring man.