Cat's third eyelid is showing

danisilva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6month old kitten at home and his third eyelids are showing (both eyes) I have been checking his eyes a couple times a day for the past two days and there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong. They are not watering, red, puffy. He is not scratching them and they are dialating properly and he will blink his eyes when you bring your fingers to them and he is still extremely hype and playful. Are his eyes just dry and he is trying to keep them moist or could it be something else ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Danisilva

or could it be something else ?
Hi and welcome to the Forums!

The third eyelid is very often /usually a sign on sickedness of some sort.
So it is not at all always some eye problem.

It may be for example, worms in the stomach. Or almost anything else.

The only sure is, a cat shouldnt have them out. A little white visible in the corner is OK, but if it goes down - something is there amiss. If you dont clearly see what is it, a visit to the vet is recommended.

Good luck!

mewsings

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat was like that when we first got him from the shelter. He was gooing from the eyes. It turned out he had a respiratory infection. As soon as we got him on antibiotics to help get rid of it, the eyes cleared up.

Definitely take him to a vet just as a precaution. It's always better to be safe then sorry.

Hope it clears up~