Cats that ride in the car?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Thank you ladies for all your opinions.....being loose in the car has some serious disadvantages here
The 2 cats that unfortunately that died was sad that were posted here. I feel that if you really know your own cat.....this accident could be avoided. Dogs and cats will always be put in a car or truck until the earth is no more here
Cat's are prone to be more skidish than dogs. Simon (8 year old Siamese) would never even try to "JUST JUMP THROUGH A WINDOW" of a car while being "spooked by a loud noise or not" Accidents do happen everyday that are unpredictable
The bottom line here is knowing your own pet habits while driving him or her in a car or truck......Today.......
You can know your pets, but you do not know the other motorists. The same way we can know our children, that doesn't mean they are safe in a car without a car seat - EVER. And no, dogs are not safe in the back of a truck - I saw one hanging by its neck, being dragged on the freeway, while his owner was completely unaware his dog was dying a horrible death. So, I am sorry Bob, and I hope nothing bad ever happens to Simon or yourself while doing this, but there is a reason why it is against the law... There is a reason why there are cat carriers and car seats; the reason is safety.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Smudge LOVES my car. But he doesn't ride in it. He just wants to go out to the garage and play in the car. Weirdo!!! He purrs, and does his nummies and just generally goes totally squishy. The only thing I can think of is that when I went to pick him up at the airport, that was the car I took and we sat in the parking lot getting acquainted for a while. maybe he remembers it from when we first met.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will address this issue tomorrow as the Easter Bunny got the better of me tonight
I love ya Carolina
You have always been there when my last 2 cats died suddenly last year .......... Lita and Uncle Louie both passed quickly before my own eyes
You were very supportive in both cases..... Good night to all.......