Cats strange temp behavior

babyylovee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my newly adopted kitten has strange behaviour.randomly out of nowhere she will start to act very skittish of things and she will slowly approach something acting scared of it. I've read other forums where they said that cats have this but it lasts permanently. With My cat it only lasts 5 minutes. That she's super scared of things and then she's back to normal in a few minutes. I believe that cats are just normally like this but I seek re affirment.

cinqchats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does she turn sideways to make herself look really big, fluff up her fur, and swat at stuff before running away but comes back right away? If so she's probably playing. She's also still learning about the world around her and is naturally wary of new and strange things. Kittens are literally babies. People forget this a lot.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
How old is she? In addition to the excellent questions by @CinqChats  I would also try to keep track of when this is happening and where. Is it all over the house? In a specific room? Certain hours more than others?