Cats spots- please help :(

Jennifer<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there, I’m a new cat mum and I have a kitten that’s 5 months old, she’s been out with me only with a leash 3 times.
I’ve recently seen that she has gotten spots on her ears, first on the left and now on the right and I’m very worried for her. Does anyone know what it is? I’m going to call the vet in the morning :(

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! You are doing the right thing to call the vet, especially since this seems to be spreading. Personally, I don't go for home remedies if I don't know the cause of something at least. Having said that, they look like bites or an allergic reaction to me. Not saying that I have to be right, though. Both of those things can occur without you noticing anything. In the pic, these look a little puffy or lumpy, which is what makes me think bite or allergy to something out of doors. Is it possible that there is anything indoors to which she could have a skin reaction? Is she okay otherwise....eating, pooping, breathing normally, playing? She is so much on the young side to have anything serious that I just feel that this has to be more topical than systemic. Please let us know.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Topical would be my guess, as well, and it could be most anything. She may have some allergies to something she encountered. Let us know what the vet says!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jennifer<3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! And I’ve been trying to reach a vet but apparently they’re all busy :/ it’s a lil bit upsetting

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Until you can get her in, buy a box of plain, unblended chamomile tea. The stuff at the grocery store is fine. Brew a cup, chill it in the fridge, then use a soft cloth to swab it on, several times a day. It will prevent any itching, is mildly antibiotic and antifungal, and is safe internally (for anxiety), so it won't harm her if she grooms it.