Cats running my household!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, kitties can be a handful. And much of their behavior is instinctual, driven by demands we don't understand.

Some researchers have said that every addition cat we add to a household doubles the likelihood of behavioral problems, especially litter box problems.

But as a shelter volunteer, I'm glad you've adopted them.

slemoine94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have five cats and more when I have fosters. And my large dog too! So I understand how they can be crazy, get on the counters, eat stuff up. There have been many good posts to help you but I do have something to add. In addition to the Feliway plug ins, you might want to try a calming remedy. I've used Composure Liquid by Vetri-Science and Calming Treats by Pet Naturals of Vermont. The treats are easier to administer and are less expensive than the Composure Liquid. I've had great success using the Feliway plug ins in conjunction with the treats in helping my cats behavioral problems. I still have some tiffs because cats will be cats. That's when I institute time outs. Those help out too.

catfaery

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never posted before, but I just had to say... no matter how fresh their water is, if mine is in a cup they always manage to spill it