Cats Not Pooping After Breeze Litterbox Switch

jdanham

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have 2 male Abyssinian cats 3 and 4 years old. Following the instructions over the course of about 3 weeks, we noted they were peeing in the new system but not pooping. 3 days ago we pulled the old litter boxes, and only one cat has pooped - on the carpet 15 feet away from the litter area. We have scoured the house looking and smelling for poop but we can't find any! I do not believe this is good and I am inclined to return the old boxes until we can figure out why they will not use the new boxes. I think it has something to do with the pellets size and feeling is not sitting right with them. Anyone who has any insights from experience and their successes/failures please comment. If this continues much longer I will be at least calling the vet for advice.

Thanks in advance!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also with you on going back to what they liked.

Suggestion, take your flashlight and slide under your beds. See if the under cloth is torn open. If it is, look for the poop on the slats, yes the upper side of the slats that hold the springs on the frame. It's possible the poop is there and doesn't smell at this point. Once it dries out, it often doesn't. At least that is my explanation for why it took me so long to find it.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m kinda in the ‘If they used it and liked it keep using it camp.’ side. I would leave them with their old litter boxes and litter. I would also leave them their new litter box. You might try putting in mostly their old litter with a handful of their new litter (where you add in an extra handful every few days.)

We did that with the crystal litter for my mom and it worked to get 2 of the cats to begrudgingly use the new crystal litter but only very rarely. After three months my mom gave up on the crystal litter. The cats are happily using clumping litter.