Cats Not Getting Along

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Male/female cats not getting along. Male kitten is over a year old now. Had them since they were 2 months. Integrated them last summer.
But one of the female cats doesn't like him. He looks innocent but she hates if he even walks in the room or is sitting near her. Minding his own business.
Both fixed. She is 7 years old and the lazy one :)
She keeps trying to hide in or on my desk. Making a mess of things. How do i get her more confident?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, this sounds like a short answer, but...cat trees and wand toys! The cat trees give your shy cat a safe retreat, where she can watch the newcomer from above. That, in and of itself, helps her confidence levels. The wand toy, such as Da Bird, is a great tool for confidence-building! A cat's confidence comes from their ability to hunt/catch/kill prey. And wand toys are great for that! You'll want one that lets you change out the "prey," as some cats like ground prey, such as mice, while others prefer flying prey. Some just like a change of pace once in a while. Whichever you are using at the time, try to BE that prey. Make "birds" soar and swoop, then flutter along the ground, the soar again. Mice should skitter and scamper, creep slowly, jump and RUN! BE THAT PREY FOR HER! Really engage her for several minutes. Twice a day is good, three times is better, more than three and you become one of my Cat Heroes!