Cat's not eating the same food anymore

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I don't mix the food - Jamie gets a different kind every day. He's almost 4, and he's never had trouble with an upset stomach, diarrhea or vomiting. Of course, he might just have an "ironclad stomach". All the different brands were his idea, i.e. at his insistence, not mine. It is more expensive than buying just one or two brands, since I have to stick to small bags/cans, but I don't feel it's hurting him in any way. It's also sometimes hard to keep track of his weekly menu, though if I make a mistake he tells me about it. His idea of heaven is lots of little sample bags of premium dry foods. I hesitated about going along with it, but then I thought about what cats eat outside - not just mice and rats, but moles, garter snakes, butterflies, fish, dragonflies, birds, spiders, etc., in other words, a variety of things.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to add that the premium brands seem much more expensive at first glance, but the cats eat smaller quantities and produce less waste(= less litter), so ultimately the price difference is minimal. I've found that a lot of the internet pet supply companies here in Europe are quite willing to send samples of the premium dry and canned foods they offer, or have "sample packages" you can order, with, for example, ten 200 g. packets of different premium brands. There are probably places in or around NY that do that.