Cats nose always dry

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted a 9 month old kitten a little over 2 weeks now and ever since I got him his nose has always been dry, it has never been wet like all the other cats I've ever owned. He did have what looked like another cat may have scratched at his nose as there was a little dry blood, but that has healed very well and all seems fine now. My question is should I be concerned or is it normal for some cats to always have dry noses?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wrote a little while back how my little guy (10 months old now) just always has a dry nose. He's healthy and thriving and has no other medical issues. It's come to the point where his nose is cracking and bleeding a little, it's doesn't seem to be bothering him at all, but I was just wondering if there was anything safe i could put on his nose to help with the cracking. Thanks

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you post a picture of your cat's nose so we can see. It doesn't sound normal for the nose to be cracked and bleeding.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my. This does not look good. It looks like the blood is coming from the inside. Has the cat been seen by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has and at first they said it would clear since it's not bad and looked like another cat possibly injured him when he was in foster care. But I'm realizing now that it comes and goes, so I'm thinking it's due to his nose always being dry not injury.

detmut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Orleans area (Metairie), Louisiana, United Sta
He has and at first they said it would clear since it's not bad and looked like another cat possibly injured him when he was in foster care. But I'm realizing now that it comes and goes, so I'm thinking it's due to his nose always being dry not injury.
is it dry where you are? maybe he needs a humidifier where he sleeps.