Cats may be pregnant but not sure? šŸ§

Bekah.boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I live on a big property on the outskirts of a larger city, there are a couple of strays that wander near my property often. While out gardening the other day I noticed two female strays hanging out in my yard. They both have been using my dog door to come inside and into my bedroom recently and have been very affectionate towards me. I used to volunteer at the local humane society and noticed some signs of pregnancy. Iā€™ve had some experience with nursing queens and Out of worry I let them stay in my spare bedroom and put some boxes and different spaces for them to rest in. Theyā€™re both doing well and are eating mother cat and baby cat food. Their bellies are slightly larger and I took some pictures of their nipples for reference. Any help would be much appreciated!
C6952772-93C4-4E2A-B87A-654C8DD7D516.jpeg
DAC03721-26AE-4ACE-91CF-EDE32AC0BFDA.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can be sure they are both pregnant if they are unspayed strays. So kind of you to give them shelter and food going forward to support their pregnancies. They will need spaying once their litters wean. Itā€™s great you have experience, and we are here for you as well! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bekah.boo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Iā€™m positive they are unspayed, just not sure if their nipples were pinking or not. I tried to catch them a while back to spay but they were evasive. šŸ˜Š ever since my older shelter kitty meatloaf died a few months ago Iā€™ve been considering adopting again. As soon as the kittens are weaned and adopted I will spay the mommas and they will be my new house cats! I will be driving out to the vet in a week or so depending on their hours to do a checkup. Its been difficult with the drive time, Thank you so much for the help!