Cats love honeysuckle??

moo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know - how stoopid are they???

It didn't even cross my mind that this might happen - otherwise I wouldn't have aked you to send one.

Silly Australian government...

As mentioned above though THANKS for the effort I really appreciate it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they even say why? I'm sorry

One time I had to send my mom her thyroid perscription when she was visiting oz, and it was crucial she get it by a certain time and the stupid australian customs stopped it!! I was so mad.. I called everyone and told them all off
They finally got them to her but a couple days late!

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That really bites for both of you!!! What the f!!!! Call them and just blow their minds with some jargons! I can't believe that. Sicy that worries me because we need to send medicine to a relative in Oz for her Hepatitis C. Now I'm wondering if they would stop it and delay it

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Send it early. I wouldnt be surprised.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told the lady what happened and this was her response:

Sicy,
This steams me. I've mailed my honeysuckle to Japan, England, Germany and I don't remember where else right now. Never a problem, but, often the honeysuckle bags get to the buyer (usually to the U.S.) with a note from the post office appoligizing for destroying the package (they put everything in a plastic bag). I really believe it is post office cats. This is the first time (and hopefully the last) I ever heard this. I really wonder if again it wasn't a (illegal?) post office/warehouse cat getting to the package and the post office trying to cover it up. I will send only one skinny bag and see if it can get there once more. I will not let the post office defeat me (...well, maybe after this attempt, I will).
I'll e-mail you back if I've lost the address.
Thanks for all this information and your friend's e-mail.
Patty Donselaar

LOL@ post office cats!
I just think Aus customs are straight paranoid
They probly thought it was pot

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by WellingtonCats
jenn that's a shame that catnip makes spike angry, hmm wonder why? anyone have any theories??
I just saw this now, sorry for my lack in replying.

And I wish I knew why it made him so ticked off... I had a little catnipped cow I let him play with. He seemed really ticked off at the cow... swatting it, jumping back, then jumping at it again, going in for the kill. He's a fiesty little guy, he loves to beat up his stuffed toys, but he had a whole different attitude to the catnipped cow. I'm also unsure if I like the idea of 'drugging' them, even if it is safe. (No, it's not just you thinking it, I *AM* a bit weird.
)

Oh, and Sicy, thanks for the link of the just honeysuckle toys. I'll have to look into how it affects kitties, if it's mind-altering, etc. or not.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, I'm a little late in reading this thread...

"honeysuckle wood sawdust" This sounds like it would get through the lining and into cats mouths. Anybody have this problem?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Psst. wanna buy some honeysuckle?

Zoey - you pusher you! LOL! It certainly seems like a big hit!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Tamme
Hi guys, I'm a little late in reading this thread...

"honeysuckle wood sawdust" This sounds like it would get through the lining and into cats mouths. Anybody have this problem?
Hey Tamme,
Check out the link to honeysuckle information that I posted earlier in the thread. I believe it addresses this concern

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't seen these Zoey pics until today. They are some of the cutest yet! She looks like she's being a ham for the cam, but really, she's just doing what kitties do.
What a sweetie!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no! I just had a few out of country orders for different things, I hope the post office doesn't mess up my packaging, I would be HIGHLY upset!!!!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Hydroaxe!!

So far Zoey has not eaten anything from inside of these toys

Princess I'd be careful about sending things to OZ... if they're just collars n stuff though I really dont see how it would be a problem..