Cats Litter...

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

Not mine. He has perfected the art of "Hey you wanted the kitty that means all the yucky stuff too." line.
LOL at that

grrr, hate litter trays, am seriously going to get an automatic one, the smells horrid, & that's only after one poop!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It doesn't bother me at all. I scoop twice a day, or more often if I'm home when Jamie uses the box, because he "calls" me to come scoop. I think using the "right" litter makes a big difference, too.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 boxes. Three of them get used by all the cats, so I scoop those once every day. The one in my bedroom seems to now only get used by Ginger, and not all the time, so I only need to scoop that one once or twice a week.

The ONLY times that I don't scoop the boxes every day is when I'm in bed and really ill, and then I never let it go longer than a day and a half.

Part of my having these furkids is accepting all the responsibilities and living up to them.

I made them each a promise, and it is my job to live up to it. Good, bad and poopy.

Side note: Using WBCL has seriously reduced the stink-factor in my apartment.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. Somehow I usually snooker Rob into doing it though.
These kittens can POOP!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I have at least two kitties, or definitely one kitty, who gets SO excited when I clean the litterbox every night it's kinda turned into a game - Who can pee or poop first in the new litter? And Mojo really does think it's a game when I add litter - she tries to catch it when I'm pouring it in.
Nothing like a kitty with litter on her head! At least it's clean litter!
So unless I'm just in a really, really bad mood and don't have any patience with them, I can't help but laugh at her so it's not really that much of a chore for me.
Heidi - that's exactly like our house - Lily & Tolly compete to poop in the new nuggets (as hubby calls the litter). They get so excited when they have fresh nuggets in the tray.

We use the sawdust pellets that breakdown and absorb the urine - they smell good too, the litter tray doesn't get stinky. We always remove poop as soon as it's done. The litter tray (kind with a lid) sits in the human bathroom and we keep a supply of disposable plastic gloves next to it. We pick out the poop, straight in the toilet and flush (the litter is flushable too so the odd bit that goes down there isn't bad). Then, when the pellets have broken down to sawdust we clean the tray out completely and give them fresh nuggets (usually once per week).

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop both boxes at least once a day. I usually do it at night, but I'll do it earlier if I know we'll be busy. It has gone awhile when we've been gone overnight. Even then its not so bad. They use both boxes pretty equally.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have three boxes and they get scooped twice a day and changed once a week.
With our 6 cats, they need to be that way or they'd stink to high heaven! (Honey doesn't want more boxes down or there'd be at least 5 around the house.)
Honey has been doing them while he's been on vacation, (I'm not that lucky, I had to work.) he's a good man!