Cats laying on your pillow?

mcmaggie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking the pillow issue is of no more concern than living with a pet in general. My cat is pretty much everywhere, and for the most part welcome to be where she likes.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are happy to share the pillow with me, but say that if I don't want to share I'm welcome to sleep elsewhere.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I keep the toliet seat down ... this also aids in less kittys playing in the water issues
LOL! I caught Duke on video splashing around in the toilet! He made me promise not to show it to anyone else though. We try to keep the seat down now, but I live with a grown man... In otherwords, it ain't happenin'! I'm always checking the bathroom to make sure the lid is down. I also keep a little tray of water with floating toys in the tub for Duke to splash around in.

He sleeps on my pillow all the time and I love it. How could I turn him away when he nudges me and curls up under my neck!?!

Tiffany

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i usually have 1 if not 2 cats crowding me off my pillow at night.

we keep the toilet lid down too. not only do i not like them drinking out of the toilet, it's just plain gross. no matter how clean i keep it, i still know it's a toilet.
we lived with my in-laws for a brief period, and they let their cat drink out of the toilet. i thought it was so gross. even grosser, my cats couldn't balance so they'd put their front paws in the toilet!
so that's why the lid's always down at our house.

wickedkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nath 1

I would not recommend it. Don't forget cats walk on the floor, which is not clean by nature. Would you put your face on your kitchen or entrance hall floor? I certainly do not allow my cat on my pillow!
N.
I would certainly put my face on my kitchen floor because I clean it 3x a week. Hell, I've even gone to sleep with my head in the toilet bowl before after a night out.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wickedkitten

I would certainly put my face on my kitchen floor because I clean it 3x a week. Hell, I've even gone to sleep with my head in the toilet bowl before after a night out.
LOL! I see why your username is 'Wickedkitten'! I agree though, if I were worried about my cat tracking things around the house, I wouldn't have a cat! I wouldn't try keeping Duke off the pillows, even if I thought it would be remotely successful. I like my kitty cat good and spoilt!

Tiffany

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I make our bed EVERY morning and EVERY night when I get home the covers have been "clawed" down and a nice little napping spot has been created between the pillow and the pulled down covers. I sleep with those covers under my chin and Bijou's face on my pillow and often on my face (sleep is only allowed of course after he has kneaded the side of my face and neck while he had his little suckle on my neck before he sighs and puts his head on the pillow to go to sleep). It's the cutest thing - when he's ready to go to sleep he lets out this huge sigh and then settles down.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nath 1

I would not recommend it. Don't forget cats walk on the floor, which is not clean by nature. Would you put your face on your kitchen or entrance hall floor? I certainly do not allow my cat on my pillow!
N.
Actually, I wouldn't have a problem putting my face on the kitchen floor. I invite my kitties up and miss them when they aren't sleeping with me, whether it be on the bottom by my feet, on my pillow, or on my body. If I was worried about catching something from my cats, I wouldn't have any. I'm actually more worried about them catching something from me