Cats In The Hot Weather

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You've got the same weather we're getting - so far this week, three people have passed out at school, and several others, including teachers, have had to go home early. It was 30° in the classrooms yesterday, 35° outside.

If you can get them (they're sold out just about everywhere here), try the bigger oscillating fans on stands - they're more effective than the table-top ones. We've got them aimed at the level of the bed and the kitchen table, and have a "tower" fan on the floor in the living room, so Jamie has a choice. He used to prefer the tower, but he's lost all fear of the "fan monsters" now.
We've also had people passing out, older people have been rushed to hospitals and as usually during warm periods, very many has drowned (16 during this heat wave, I'm in Finland so alcohol plays a big part on that..
).

I've been trying to find the larger fans, but they are sold out everywhere. The longhair kitties have chosen to stay near the open windows, shorthairs are mostly staying on the floor. I've given them some ice cubes to play with, Kuura used to love them when he was a kitten.
Luckily it seems that on Monday it should be a bit cooler than now. It was raining for a while today, and some lightning also, but nothing major, so the air didn't get any cooler.