cats in my engine!

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat used to do this when we would let her out in our garage! she would climb up into the engine of my truck. There was a few times we would go to leave and she would be in there and we would have to pop open the hood and make her get out. so it became a habit to look before we even finished getting ready to leave. it was part of our routine. it's not a way of keeping them out but it's the best way to make sure they are safe! and it might even help you remeber to some routine fluid checks
it's worth a shot!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sammie5 I am so sorry about your friends cat , hope she was ok after the dr. visit . I am sure that you must have felt really bad for a long time , I know that I would have

linx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i recently adopted two stray kittens, who will be indoor/outdoor cats. while outdoors, they often climb into the engine compartment of my truck to sleep and play. i am worried that i will start the truck and kill one of them. other than opening the hood every time (not very practical), what can i do to keep them out of there? is there something i can spray the block with that they will not like?

thanks

chan
Dear chan, please google for "sump guard", "oilpan guard" for a car, than search the local car center where they install it. I had to call 6 car centers before they advised me one that specializes on such protection. In some cars it is preonstalled.Costs around 300$, protects the engine from everything, and apparently our nerves and all kind of small animals! Good luck!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Dear chan, please google for "sump guard", "oilpan guard" for a car, than search the local car center where they install it. I had to call 6 car centers before they advised me one that specializes on such protection. In some cars it is preonstalled.Costs around 300$, protects the engine from everything, and apparently our nerves and all kind of small animals! Good luck!
Hi @linx...

This is great advice, but the thread is 11 years old so I don't think chan is around to see it.

But, welcome to TCS!