Cats in Israel need your help!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
We're in the midst of a major legal battle that requires your help!

The Tel-Aviv SPCA is killing hundreds of healthy neutered cats every month and we want it to stop! The Israeli Cat Welfare Society is leading the fight against the SPCA in court and needs your support.

The trigger for the latest hearing was this case:
A colony of healthy neutered ferals that used to live in the backyard of a home for the elderly was needlessly killed by the SPCA. The management of the home called in private trapper that trapped the cats and took them to the Tel Aviv SPCA. Although the cats were evidently spayed/neutered (and marked accordingly by having the tip of their ear cut), the SPCA people put them to sleep. Residents of the home, who used to feed the cats and take care of them were devastated

What's worse is that this is the SPCA's policy! They argue that cats should simply be taken off the streets and as there are no available homes for them (not that these ferals can be homed!), they simply destroy the cats! This is particularly frustrating as the city of Tel Aviv operates a successful TNR (Trap-Neuter-Release) program and when the SPCA destroys neutered cats they are setting back the situation.

If you can spare a moment, please email The Israeli Cat Welfare Society - [email protected]

The need all the support they can get moral and otherwise!

Thank you!

debra myers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My e/mail support note has just left here. I am praying for these poor creatures that are needlessly being destroyed.
I am so sorry about this Anne.
Deb

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne, I wanted you to know that I have sent an e-mail to the Israeli Cat Welfare Society telling them that I believe their program is humane and practical, and my hope that the courts will support their efforts. The situation is so sad-and unnecessary.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you!