cats in heat

tubes and pippy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi
my cat is in heat and i am wondering how do i stop her from crying for attention at night as it is keeping me awake, havent the money to gete her spayed but will be soon. is there anything else i can do till then?
thanks
Tubes

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tubes and pippy

hi
my cat is in heat and i am wondering how do i stop her from crying for attention at night as it is keeping me awake, havent the money to gete her spayed but will be soon. is there anything else i can do till then?
thanks
Tubes
Actually there isn't. The female wants a man
Do not let her out or she will get pregnant. Be lucky your cat lets you know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tubes and pippy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i'm not sure about lucky. I've been up the last three nights ina row with her. i'm wrecked. how long does it go on for.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can be 2 weeks or more. Then she goes out of heat and hten a week later back in. That why they say to fix the cat to save yourself

joe906

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is acting the same way. Only she does it almost 24/7. I wasn't sure if she was in heat or not though. She is not her normal self. She is alone a lot and kinds of howls/meows at the same time. Normally she is a bit skiddish, but no doesn't mind if you handle her or mess with her or anything.

She does also at times twitch her tail in the air and elevates her butt a bit which leaves me to believe that she is in heat.

I just want to be sure she is o.k. Any thoughts?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your cat is standing tall and her tail is straight up and twitching then a lot of time they are spraying when they do this so watch out. This will most likely be stopped by spaying.

If your cat is crouching low on the floor with her hips slightly raised and her tail to one side and her butt in plain sight, she is in heat. There is nothing you can do to ease her aside from getting her spayed. There are low cost clinics all over the place, some only charge $40 or so. Tell us your city, state and zip and we can help you possibly locate one. The longer she is allowed to go in and out of heat the greater her risks are for cancer and Pyometra. Pyometra can be deadly as can the cancers obviously. So spaying needs to be done asap.

While your cat is in heat, you can keep her in a dimly lit room with quiet music but there is not much else. Start saving up, we might be able to find you a low cost clinic where it will be really cheap (under $80 or so). She can get pregnant during the time she is not in heat so do NOT let her outside ever at all until it is done.

joe906

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the help Jen!! I'm in Bradenton, FL and will welcome any assitance in finding a clinic. Best we could find so far was about $200. Also she is about 9 months old.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about some white noise? You can either turn on a fan in your room at night while you sleep, or download some white noise off the computer (if it's in your room) and play it all night. You can also try a CD of ocean waves and the likes. White noise will drown out just about every other sound there is. We use it at night, as our bunny likes to shred cardboard during the night (which is VERY noisy). Works like a CHARM, believe me...

Obviously, getting her spayed will ultimately solve the problem, but until you take her in, that'll at least let you sleep.

animalpsycho12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I live in Leesburg, FL, and have gotten assistance from the Stacks Foundation in Groveland. Their phone number is 352-429-0696. I don't know if they are state wide or just Central Florida, but it's worth a try.