Cats in a tool box??????????? Why???

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nano

yayi, I don't know how much plainer I could make it. Several other people spoke up in agreement to say the guy wasn't so horrible and was at least trying to do the right thing. The simple act of taking his cats to the vet for S/N already makes this guy a more capable and compassionate pet owner than an uncomfortably high percentage of people who use these forums for "advice" or "venting" instead of seeking proper vet care.

But if you want clarification, once again we have a man being attacked -- with amateur psychology that he was abused as a child and that he probably wanted to hit a woman with a screwdriver -- because he used a makeshift carrier to bring his pets to the vet. Those are ludicrous things to say. No other comments.
Still, even if he means well, he could have killed those cats in a box with no air. Somebody should have pointed that out to him, and it looks like the original poster did just that. The guy is clearly cluless-was he going to take them back home in the box after their surgeries? Did he not think they would need 2 carriers? He is like those people that leave their children in a hot car. I am sure most of them do love their kids, but kids end up just as dead.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber

That's a little different. You didn't shove him into something he didn't fit in and couldn't breathe in. I'll bet it was scary when he got stung. Did he cry?
Yes, my poor baby cried, but I think it was more because my (then) husband put an ice-pack on it while I was calling the vet. The vet's office even heard him crying over the phone.

My regular vet wasn't there. My then-husband asked him if it was really necessary to bring him in or was I over-reacting. I said - we had no way of knowing if Oliver could have been allergic, so I wanted to be safe. The vet told hubby that Oliver's face would have swollen up immediately, so I probably overreacted a little. I don't care if he's a vet or not. I'M the Mommy!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by elizwithcat

Still, even if he means well, he could have killed those cats in a box with no air. Somebody should have pointed that out to him, and it looks like the original poster did just that. The guy is clearly cluless-was he going to take them back home in the box after their surgeries? Did he not think they would need 2 carriers? He is like those people that leave their children in a hot car. I am sure most of them do love their kids, but kids end up just as dead.
That's a good comparison.