Cats Having A Miscarriage

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so proud of you for asking for help, taking advice, and being an advocate for your cat! She is lucky to have you.

Did the vet recommend a spay when she's feeling a bit better? Anything to look for in the next few days?
He didnt mention anything about what to look for, is there anything I should keep an eye out for? Shes still bleeding a bit but he said shes still trying to pass one final kitten/sack. With my first paycheck Im going to get all 3 of my kitties fixed. They gave her oxytocin, how long does it take for that to start working?

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive read online it takes a few hours, but Im seeing alot of different answers ranging from 30 minutes to a few days. He gave her 4ccs of it (I think CC's...that might be the wrong unit of measurement but Im pretty sure thats it)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she hasn't passed the kitten by tomorrow morning, you should call the vet and ask about next steps.

Be sure to keep all of your cats inside until their spay/neuter dates! See if the vet can work with you on a reduced rate for all three.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she hasn't passed the kitten by tomorrow morning, you should call the vet and ask about next steps.

Be sure to keep all of your cats inside until their spay/neuter dates! See if the vet can work with you on a reduced rate for all three.
Thank you :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You managed to get a reduced rate? How did you do it?

This vet and the animal hospital, are they the same place, or were you in two different places?

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The exam was $30, her shot + antibiotics was $45. The vet, and animal hospital was the same place :) Good news- she passed the last sack just now so she should start feeling better soon

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok so they took payment for shots what it costs themselves, and gave big discount for exam. Agan their minimum wage for themselves.
Usually a vet hospital charges perhaps 100 dollars just to say: godday! Before the counting even starts...