Cats Having A Miscarriage

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she got pregnant again, and now shes bleeding a ton and shes even pushed a few kittens out that were like 1 inche long...its super sad . How should I take care of her though? I camt afford to take her to the vet at the moment so what else can I do to make her feel better I hate seeing her like this

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are talking about the cat who had a litter in March?

Where are you located? She needs to see a vet. We can help you to look up low cost options.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm in amarillo, texas. She has been super tired today, and shes still bleeding. Shes drinking alot of water though, but Im not sure if shes eating or not.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its the bleeding which are most serious at this moment. Some risk for infection too. She even MAY have an infection inside, and miscarriaged because of this.

So vet assist is essential, prob necessary. I hope you can find a cheap vet or a vet giving payment plan...

For the moment, home made emergency help? If you have pedialyte, best is such unflavored for babies, give it to her to drink as much as she can take...

If you dont have it or dont afford, you can make a homemade.

1 litre water, 1-1,5 teaspoon kitchen salt - minerale kitchen salt is best, but common kitchen salt with just NaCl is OK
+ a glucose sugar source:
1,5-2 soup spoons of glucose sugar OR
1 soup spoon of white karo syrup or honey. These are more sweet than glucose sugar proper, so you will give less, otherwise the sweet taste may be too strong.

Be sure she is warm and comfortable. A heating pad or a heating lamp, unless its really hot in your place. IF its really hot, she may need some cooling off.

Pray.

I'm in amarillo, texas. She has been super tired today, and shes still bleeding. Shes drinking alot of water though, but Im not sure if shes eating or not.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps: the pedialyte will help with both water loss, loss of salts, and the glucose sugar is giving some nourishment. Not enough to thrive and grow on, but she will survive on this for some time, even if she isnt eating...

You can smear some of such glucose + water solution on her lips and gums (may be more sweet than the liquid pedialyte). It gives some quick energhy.

It wont help much if she is really in need of a good vet, but it will buy you some time...
May be enough if she isnt really badly sick...

A good vet is of course what she needs to be sure.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat is really suffering. Please see if any of these places can help. They all partner with the Humane Society.

Amarillo Veterinary Clinic : 806-373-7454
Coulter Animal Hospital : 806-353-6673
Swann Animal Hospital Hillside: 806-803-9105
Hope Veterinary Clinic : 806-353-556
Timbercreek Small Animal Hospital: 806-488-2616

You can also reach out to the Humane Society directly: Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society

Please don't wait. Your cat needs urgent medical attention.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im also buying Pedialyte for her. So since I dont have a carrier do you think it would be okay to take her to the vet wrapped up in a blanket with a collar and leash on? Shes pretty tired so I dont think she would run off.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im also buying Pedialyte for her. So since I dont have a carrier do you think it would be okay to take her to the vet wrapped up in a blanket with a collar and leash on? Shes pretty tired so I dont think she would run off.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys you really are absolutely amazing.

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So shes doing better. We took her to the vet, and he gave her a shot of oxytocin (I think thats what it was called) then he gave her some antibiotics that i have to give to her twice a day until the bottle is gone. On the way home I picked up some Pedialyte for her and shes drinking water, and eating food. So I think shes feeling a bit better :)

Santa-Claws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat is really suffering. Please see if any of these places can help. They all partner with the Humane Society.

Amarillo Veterinary Clinic : 806-373-7454
Coulter Animal Hospital : 806-353-6673
Swann Animal Hospital Hillside: 806-803-9105
Hope Veterinary Clinic : 806-353-556
Timbercreek Small Animal Hospital: 806-488-2616

You can also reach out to the Humane Society directly: Amarillo-Panhandle Humane Society

Please don't wait. Your cat needs urgent medical attention.
I ended up going to timber creek animal hospital :) they were great and it only cost me $75 to get her completely taken care of

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ended up going to timber creek animal hospital :) they were great and it only cost me $75 to get her completely taken care of
I'm so proud of you for asking for help, taking advice, and being an advocate for your cat! She is lucky to have you.

Did the vet recommend a spay when she's feeling a bit better? Anything to look for in the next few days?