Cats got blood stops at the end of runny poops

Tids13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi my cat is a 13year old male indoor neutered cat has suffered for atleast 5 years with colitis/ibd treated with steroids, i also changed his diet to royal canin gastro intestinal and recently had a flare up , he was at the vets 2-3weeks ago and was given steroids (they didnt work) they said try bland diet(boiled chicken ) for a week but he refused to eat it so after 3 days i went back to normal food then vets gave probiotics and they firmed his stools abit but still blood spots , i have now found a cat food that is 100%meat so he is transitioning on to that new food and he loves it ( he hated royal canin he would only lick the sauce off it ) but his stools turned watery and also bubbles in watery stools , my boy has not had a fully formed stool in years so it not unusual but every bowel movement has a very small red blood spots at the end and hoping anyone has been through similar?? He is at the vets in 2 days for a check up .

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think changing food that quickly will result in watery stools. Also, don’t know exactly what you are feeding, but a cat food that’s 100% meat isn’t nutritionally complete. I had a cat with horrible IBD and his symptoms were exactly as you describe. Private message me and I can send you an image of his stools (won’t do that to everyone here). I did control it eventually by feeding him foods with novel protein (rabbit, duck) and a commercially prepared raw meat diet that is nutritionally complete. That was a local company though that sells in our independent pet food store. I also tried the freeze dried raw diets from Stella and Chewy. Fortiflora was a godsend as far as getting him to eat, but just a little sprinkle, more than that made him sick.