Cat's Frustrating Eating Habits

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completely agree with the others about the water question! One of our cats will also lap up all the water if it's flavored by the freeze-dried food.

And our two cats love the Feline Natural canned and freeze-dried chicken/lamb foods. All paws up for that one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

manx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's perfectly okay. This is how I trained my cat to eat freeze dried foods by drizzling the water on top so that is sinks to the bottom and then he'd lick up all the water too. The important part is that he gets the water, and it sounds like he is. Just make an effort to slowly add more water if you can. 

Feline Natural's actually just released a canned food line that has almost identical ingredients to their freeze dried. I'm told that Chewy is going to have it available next week. I've been trying to get my hands on it for awhile because I think it's going to be a really good option for my furkids, as they do like the FD foods too but I'm looking for another canned food to use as a snack. 

I completely agree with the others about the water question! One of our cats will also lap up all the water if it's flavored by the freeze-dried food.

And our two cats love the Feline Natural canned and freeze-dried chicken/lamb foods. All paws up for that one!
Thank you!

I already have the canned version of the Feline Naturals in rotation. I was just looking for raw FD variety! The store also has the Northwest Naturals one that you recommended, I could also try that one or the Primal Turkey. Just don't my cat getting bored of the same flavor.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already have the canned version of the Feline Naturals in rotation. I was just looking for raw FD variety! The store also has the Northwest Naturals one that you recommended, I could also try that one or the Primal Turkey. Just don't my cat getting bored of the same flavor.
Our cats get bored easily, too, which is a big reason we feed them so many proteins and "modes" of food! Personally, I think Northwest Naturals has a better ingredient list than Primal, though we feed both brands: Primal pork and Northwest turkey, both freeze-dried, about the same amounts of each. Both are very decent foods.