Cat's eyes: one glows, the other doesn't

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, I'm going to the vet tomorrow for a checkup and shots.  I just got Boo last Friday from the humane society.

I've noticed it the last couple days but never thought much of it.  Why is one of his eyes glowing and the other doesn't?  

If there's some problem, I'm going to be quite ticked off at the humane society for not notifying me.  Not that I'm jumping to conclusions but if it is an issue, it's hard to miss. 

Anyone have any experience in this? 

deborahlee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's very possible that at one time Boo might have had an eye infection that scarred over once it healed, which is usually referred to in my experience as having a cloudy eye.  The infection is gone, his sight is fine, he just has a cloudy eye and it is like having a scar.

However, unless it is checked out for sure you won't know so taking him to the vet is wise.

Before you do that though, can you call the place you adopted him from and ask them?  They might not have mentioned it since there is nothing about it that is an issue in terms of illness or sight or anything you need to worry about, but if you ask them, they can tell you what it was from.

That would allow you to avoid the vet visit if they know what it is from.

If they don't, then follow up on it further.

I foster with a rescue and we just adopted out a kitten with a cloudy eye that was just one of the best kittens I ever fostered, and if my situation had been different, I probably would have kept him.