cats excited by weeds/plants

jk2283

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello cat lovers!

Both of my cats are crazy about this small weed that grows in my garden. It's green and covered in very light peach fuzz. It actually looks like weed that grows on your grass, however it's thicker and not spikey. My cats chew on it, lick it, roll over it and they wont leave it alone!

Does anyone here know what this is and why cats (at least mine) like it soo much??

thank you!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Picture would help... I would call the local weed control in the phone book here it is called noxiuos weed control and take them a sample

simmyandnunny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jk2283

Hello cat lovers!

Both of my cats are crazy about this small weed that grows in my garden. It's green and covered in very light peach fuzz. It actually looks like weed that grows on your grass, however it's thicker and not spikey. My cats chew on it, lick it, roll over it and they wont leave it alone!

Does anyone here know what this is and why cats (at least mine) like it soo much??

thank you!
I would only caution you about finding out if it's poisonous. I think they're called Japanese Yews? The shrubberies you see everywhere in neighborhoods that have those little red berries growing from them? Simmy ate some of that bush and he almost died! He had to have charcol put in his stomach. It was horrible! Just make sure it's safe.