cats don't like healthy food??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
no many of the drys are a different flavor ... I would suggest doing a search on samples and getting samples from companys ... many will send wet and dry ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!If they had it thier way I would be feeding them friskies!!lol and at first I did but then I started looking things up and found out it was not good for them so I have been trying ( although not having any luck) to get them to eat the more healthy foods!!how much canned would an average sized cat eat daily if only feeding canned?I will loook up the samples as you suggested! thanks!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by proudmamiof4

Thanks!If they had it thier way I would be feeding them friskies!!lol and at first I did but then I started looking things up and found out it was not good for them so I have been trying ( although not having any luck) to get them to eat the more healthy foods!!how much canned would an average sized cat eat daily if only feeding canned?I will loook up the samples as you suggested! thanks!!
1/2 oz to 1 oz per lb per day

ie ave 10 lb kitty adult 5-10 oz a day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudmamiof4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

1/2 oz to 1 oz per lb per day

ie ave 10 lb kitty adult 5-10 oz a day
Thanks so much! not to seem dense ( although I am sure I probably do) how will I know whether or not they need 1/2 oz or 1 oz? just how hungry they seem? how much they can tolerate?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mostly activity, age and yes how hungry

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've fed EVO and tried CORE, also tried Taste of the Wild. Of those, I'd suggest looking into getting samples and seeing which they'll eat. Mine LOVED the ToTW, but I have to feed MAX because of a UTI issue...otherwise I'd be ToTW all the way...it is cheaper than the other grain frees too! (almost as cheap as Max).

Have you tried the new by nature 95% meat cans or the EVO 95% meat cans? My cats like some flavors better than others, but they're quite high calorie, so you don't need to feed as much. Also, try the natural balance vennison / pea and duck/pea...my cats took to those faster than the other NB cans...I too have to mix water with the denser canned food.

If you can't get the cans locally, try ordering from a site online where you can buy one can at a time...it is very expensive to do so (esp. when you consider shipping) but you find out what they like and don't like..After doing that, I now order a case of each type of can they like and that'll keep me in wet food for ~4 months.
I used to order EVO and ToTW online as well...but I buy max locally as it goes on sale here fairly often.

Good luck!
Art