Cats attracted to negative energy?

kittyeatlayke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've read online on a few different websites that cats are attracted to negative energy, and chose to sleep where this energy is in order to try and turn it to positive energy. By negative energy it means illness, depression, electrical interference spots, insomnia, to name a few.

It's got me thinking because cats are ALWAYS attracted to me, every cat I've ever been in a house with end up sleeping on me during the day and in my bed with me at night. I don't really know how to take it?!

Is it true cats are attracted to negative energy?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Cats are attracted to warm, snuggly bodies.

In some instances I believe cats can pick up on illness - it always amazes me that my two will lie right next to or on a part of me that is ailing... But they lie all over me anyway.  It's just sometimes I'm sure they want to soothe the sore bits 

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard this about negative energy and I think Mani is right on- the cats actually want to steal your body heat 

However, I agree with Mani too that cats can sometimes sense when you are upset or sick or hurt and will try in their way, for whatever reason, to be comforting.

That said, too, I'm a very positive person usually and my cats are frequently all over me, so I don't think it's just negative they are attracted to- I think some cats just love them some humans 

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Cats are attracted to warm, snuggly bodies.

In some instances I believe cats can pick up on illness - it always amazes me that my two will lie right next to or on a part of me that is ailing... But they lie all over me anyway.  It's just sometimes I'm sure they want to soothe the sore bits 
Cats can definitely pick up on bad or sad vibes tho. My Charlie always comes to me and comforts me when i'm crying or sad or just had a fight with the SO. He'll come up to me and purr and put his paws on my face and stick so close to me. =) i hope he never changes. 

missmycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My old cat penny who passed away last year used to tell us when the kids were sick or crying.  She would check on everyone every night and if the kids were crying or sick she would jump on me ad meow until I got up and checked on them.  Cats just know if people need them.