Cats are just weird (but I'm sure you all know that) Sister cat acting like a Mom

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sissy and Hootie are sisters but lately Sissy has been acting a bit like she's a momma cat and Hootie is her kitten. If Sissy is laying on my lap and see's Hootie lay down somewhere she will jump down, run to Hootie, lay down and start grooming her. If they are laying together in the computer chair and I go over to pet them Sissy will start meowing at me. I've seen momma cats do this when they have a litter of kittens. This isn't the first time Sissy has acted this way either. It's strange. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Mine (brother and sister) still do groom each other and they are five years old now.  It doesn't happen that often any more, so I love it when I see them snuggle up together and start licking each other's faces.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol Sissy and Hootie are grooming each other right now. They lick each others faces at the same time. It's funny. 

Last edited:

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 3 kittens. One came from a different foster family.
Depends on I guess who played harder or I don't know, but they take turns being the "Momma" cat.
Mew, the oldest and Elsie seem to groom the most but Ana takes her turns and will at times groom the other two.