Cats and toilets.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sierra has never explored the toilet, but I keep the lid down at all times just in case!
Have you guys seen the little childproof clamps made to prevent young children from lifting the lid? It's very easy for an adult to lift the lid by just pushing the little button and then it clicks back into place when you close it. Might help those who have exploring children!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gandalf used to be complete intrigued by anything that had running water in it, whether it be the sink, toilet or bathtub. However after he fell in a few times, he avoids them for the most part. (That disgruntled look on his face, the first couple of times still makes me grin). However I do keep the lid down on the toilet just in case he or Samwise for some reason decide to become curious again.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I never had problem when Rosie was a kitten, but Sophie is a lot more of a dare devil than what Rosie was as a kitten so i make sure the toilet seat is down at all times.

Nothing seems to scare her, she dives all over the place, even me!, so it wouldn't suprise me if she was to take a fancy to the toilet bowl if the lid wasn't down.

jakkies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My new kitten seems to be very confused about the loo, can't figure out how it works. He keeps walking around it and trying to peer up at the pipes and things.

The other two are more fascinated by the bathtub, Dexter used to catch my toes underwater. He loved to sit on the edge and watch ripples and then reach out and quickly stick in a paw and pat at my toes..very cute! DeeDee on the other hand wants us to open a tap just a little bit and she will sit in the bath staring at the little stream, she has this dreamy look on her face. I really wish I could figure out what she is thinking at that point.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trent's never really had much of a fascination with the toilet, beyond watching it flush occassionally. Ophelia did.....once. They were still pretty little, under a year old, when Ophelia discovered the toilet. She was up on the seat, well her back end was up on the seat anyway, just checking things out (obviously I was watching the whole thing....). Trent, being the playful older brother that he is, just couldn't resist that little wiggling kitty butt. He looked up at me, and looked at her...then ran in the bathroom, smacked Ophelia on the butt and ran out! She slipped a little bit into the water, wet paws and I think a little bit of a wet nose and that was one mad kitten! I swear Trent was laughing!

Ophelia hasn't been interested in the toilet since then.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww how cute.. the funniest thing I ever saw in my life was paige trying to shake bubble bath off her paw.. this was of course right after trying to lick it off, which she found out to be a bad idea. luckily I don't think she ingested any, and she's no longer at all interested in bubble baths.

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grissom likes the toilet too. We keep catching him at it. He doesn't drink the water, or watch it spin, or even play in it. He just likes to stand on his hind legs and let him paws dangle in it. It's a bit disturbing.