Cats And Electronics

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is it that makes cats so fascinated with electronics? Be it a laptop, a computer mouse, a phone, the remote or even a phone charger - everything that has at least batteries in it is more alluring to Marx then all the boxes in the world.

Here he is trying to have a foot massage (unfortunately he hasn't figured out yet how to turn the thing on):

mmexport1530845646092.jpg

Do your cats have the same obsession? Post pictures and reassure me that this is normal cat behavior :D

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marx is such a handsome cat:loveeyes:
I think it must be linked to the way cats and kittens learn by observation. My former feral Bunny (she has bunny-soft, silky fur), although hidden, was keeping a close eye on the handyman fixing the swamp cooler on the roof. And when he left, she was fascinated with the ladder. 20180705_085631.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg, she is a beauty!

I wish I could post pictures of Marx' obsession with my phone, but obviously it's hard to do since I can't take pictures without it :D

By now it has bite marks all over. It's also his favorite scratching post... Maybe he's trying to tell me that I use it too much :D

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By now it has bite marks all over. It's also his favorite scratching post... Maybe he's trying to tell me that I use it too much :D
Thank you! Bunny is a real sweetie and I adore her.
As for your phone, don't underestimate Marx - he may be trying to figure out how to use it! I use my printer as a copier & various cats, by observation, have learned that if they step on buttons, they can print a test page. And my little cat Lance likes to knock the landline's handset off the cradle so the phone makes busy signal tones ;);)
This is a fun thread! I am looking forward to the pictures & anecdotes :thumbsup:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver loves laptops. He's written many academic treatise such as this one he did the other day:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkroooooiuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcie222222iiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbo3lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllxfui;oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohufvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

IMG_0064.JPG

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver loves laptops. He's written many academic treatise such as this one he did the other day:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkroooooiuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhcie222222iiffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbo3lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllxfui;oooooooooooooooooooooooooooohufvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

View attachment 240639

View attachment 240639
:hellocomputer: A superb, intellectually stimulating piece of writing absorbable by only the most superior minds :einstein:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 240639
Missy is still working to improve her typing skills...

IMG_4405.JPG

...but she gets easily bored...

IMG_5992.JPG

… and distracted by handsome boys

IMG_6405.JPG

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Missy likes the error sound of her favourite laptop

Missy likes the error sound of her favourite laptop

I love the video! and the captions for the still photos are ingenious and very entertaining.:flail::lol:
Missy is my kind of girl! I wish we could put this thread on the web - it should go viral!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybun is too cute for words and her furs are gorgeous- so inviting for scritches :petcat:

and Selene is so very composed & regal looking - hard to believe she would be chewing cords :p:lol:

and then Purr-fact has twin blue beauties who are fascinating to see while they are fascinated with the computer screen :happycat:

Tashanasha

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise